• Show
Clear All

30K mile 89 Colony Park on Bring a Trailer

No reserve auction.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...ign=2020-12-04
    89 Colony Park
    90 Colony Park
    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Based on BaT past pricing it will probably sell for like $12,500. I swear it's just Hollywood production companies that must bid against each other for period correct cars.

Comment

Bids are already to $5K. 6 days left.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

"This [...] was purchased new [...], remained with its original owner until her passing in 2016, and moved to Florida upon being acquired by the seller in February 2020."

These damned vultures that snatch up these cream puffs only to crank the prices up really piss me off.
        —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
        1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
        1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
        1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
          "This [...] was purchased new [...], remained with its original owner until her passing in 2016, and moved to Florida upon being acquired by the seller in February 2020."

These damned vultures that snatch up these cream puffs only to crank the prices up really piss me off.

Apparently this is a worldwide problem - we have the same problem in Poland with communist-era cars. They are a total crap, but people are cranking the prices to some totally nonsense levels.

Comment

Sometimes I catch a glimpse of an attractive female and want to see another glimpse. Then I double take and it turns out all horrible like and I throw up a little bit in my mouth for ever having such lustful feelings.

That old hag has rolled the odometer if you ask me. Here let me buy a brand new car, drive it to the first oil change and let it sit still for 13 years. Then I think I’ll start driving it some more, maybe light up inside and burn the seats and carpet with my smokes, just because.

Just my opinion. I hate lies. And I just have that feeling the carfax is not telling the 1987-2000 truth on the mileage.

I watched the videos. One had 8 views. I wonder if someone bid and never watched the video.
            Last edited by Tiggie; 12-04-2020, 10:33 PM.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I cannot comment on the validity of sellers claims but I do get a chuckle out of the commentators in the auction.

One is skeptical about the rear flip up seats not original to car because they don't match while another thinks someone has messed with positions of the EGR solenoid...though I believe they are confusing that with the EVR, tab and tad solenoids commentating on how it should be on the lip of the plenum rather than than on the p.side inner fender. There are so many little changes through the years of these cars one really needs to be on their game to not make silly comments/accusations about what they once saw on theirs or a buddies as it may very well have been different between those model years.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffBoudah View Post
                Based on BaT past pricing it will probably sell for like $12,500. I swear it's just Hollywood production companies that must bid against each other for period correct cars.
                That 90 Colony Park sold for $20 a few months back.
                BaT and CaB bring out the people with too much money and no common sense.
                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I looked the car over again. It is from that nice dry desert. Maybe I shouldn’t call it a hag.

But the number of burns in the carpet and seats tells me owner 1 could have cared less about this thing. Garage kept for sure, but not necessarily cared for. The seller should have put tires on it. These tires are cheap. If they were original tires, I’d say keep them to prove the mileage. But they are already replacements.

Don’t know many cars that need plug wires at 30k. But the steering wheel looks like new.
                  1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                  1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                  Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                  Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

87gtVIC wrote, "One is skeptical about the rear flip up seats not original to car because they don't match" ALL rear dual facing seats are vinyl, whether the car has cloth, leather or vinyl seats up front. WagonMan
                    89 Colony Park
                    90 Colony Park

Comment

Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
                      87gtVIC wrote, "One is skeptical about the rear flip up seats not original to car because they don't match" ALL rear dual facing seats are vinyl, whether the car has cloth, leather or vinyl seats up front. WagonMan
                      I had to go back and read his post. I thought to myself, "I figured he would know that."
                      He does, but was just pointing out the ill-informed comments on the ad.
                      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

At $7,800 with 3 days to go. WagonMan
                        89 Colony Park
                        90 Colony Park

Comment

The window tint is an abomination.

Externally I could believe the 30k mile claim; the interior looks like at least 130K. Desert cars are deceptive in terms of under hood/ undercarriage. I had a '97 F250 I bought out of Vegas that looked "as new" (literally) under the hood. Not much worse on the undercarriage either. All decals intact, no oxidation, original clamps, wires, etc. It was a 70K mile truck, though.

This is a nice car, but far from perfect. It will bring all the money on BaT.
                          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

$8,500 with 3 1/2 hours to go. WagonMan
                            89 Colony Park
                            90 Colony Park

Comment

SOLD! $9,500 WagonMan
                              89 Colony Park
                              90 Colony Park

Comment

Working...