Heater core bypass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heater core bypass

Anyone know the size of the 2 coolant hoses so I can buy a union to join them together temporarily. thanks
    1987 CV LX 5.0

3/4 id.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Both 3/4? Sheesh thats easy! Thank you Sly
      1987 CV LX 5.0

Comment

that what the replacement parts are listed as having, so yeah.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

FYI, I just bought a heater core from RA. It came in and i was surprised …. a very nice quality all brass heater core. Not sure if the all are, or some aluminum. Just thought id share.

APDI/PRO 9010132

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...ater+core,6864
          1987 CV LX 5.0

Comment

I think I’m going to pick one up as a spare to have on the shelf. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

might want to leak check it before installing. 15 psi of air connected to one end, plug the other end with your finger and stick it in a bucket of water. I put a brand new Motorcraft brass core in my car years ago and it leaked from day 1. Before I changed it again, the replacement got leak checked because screw doing that a third time.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                might want to leak check it before installing. 15 psi of air connected to one end, plug the other end with your finger and stick it in a bucket of water. I put a brand new Motorcraft brass core in my car years ago and it leaked from day 1. Before I changed it again, the replacement got leak checked because screw doing that a third time.
                I was thinking about checking it somehow, thanks for the tip!
                1987 CV LX 5.0

Comment

Working...
                X