130 Amp 3g alternator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

130 Amp 3g alternator

I pulled this 3g alternator from a 1996 mustang that had around 110k on it. It is a genuine Motorcraft part. It worked good for the two weeks I used it. I decided to change out to a 95 amp 3g since it fit my needs better. I

It has a newer Mustang pulley that I grabbed from a car with a no name reman alternator on it.

It will come with your choice of a standard or soft start voltage regulator. I recommend the soft start as it helps prevent belt squeal. I have a new set of brushes I will install as well.

I’m asking $35 plus shipping. For an extra $15 I can install the smaller pulley used on the 94-95 V8 mustang. This will help with idle output as well as belt fitment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0402.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	317.7 KB
ID:	1305590

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0401.jpg
Size:	337.4 KB
ID:	1305591

Name:	IMG_0400.jpg
Size:	286.9 KB
ID:	1305592

Name:	IMG_0399.jpg
Size:	285.0 KB
ID:	1305593

Is it a large or small case 3g?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

130 Amp 3g alternator

It’s the large case that has the 7 inch ear spacing. It will work with the factory 60 and 70 amp alternator brackets. Some grinding may be required on the lower bracket to make it fit.

If you currently have the optional 100 amp alternator on your car you will need a large case with the 8.25 inch ear spacing.

Comment

Hmm I’ll think about it. I have one right now that’s on standby but I don’t know it’s condition.

Comment

Sounds good!

Comment

Sorry to threadjack- as I'd be interested in it if it were the 8.25" spacing...where do you get the 3G's with the 8.25" spacing from? I currently have a 100Amp police alternator
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

130 Amp 3g alternator

No worries. The 8.25 inch ones are a little harder to find used. Vehicles that have them are:

90-95 Taurus/Sable with the 3.8
              91-92 Taurus/Sable with the 3.0 OHV
              95 Windstar with the 3.8.
              92-96 E/F series with the 4.9 and 7.5.
              92 E series with the 5.0/5.8/7.3.

This alternator was standard on the Taurus/Sable. It was optional on the E/F series. If you’re pulling one from an E series with the 4.9 I6 bring a sawzall and plenty of extra blades. You’ll understand when you see it!

Last edited by matth825; 12-06-2020, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Awesome, thank you!
                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

PM sent
                  @Ryan.Madison68

Comment

Working...
                  X