No announcement yet.

Warning About Inspections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess it depends on the vehicle but I should take a picture of this '89 F150 I picked up about a month ago. The switch appears to go through it, so after so much moisture+salt exposure they just get crusty inside and you better not touch 'em or you'll end up with no lights until you bypass it. That or stuck hibeams.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

DerekTheGreat, I had a choice of all black interior, blah, or the ivory which had accents of two different tans. I don't like the leather choices, don't last.
      Got to have a Subaru up here to take the abuse of winter. Need it to get up my driveway which is the worst part of winters. All my F/L/M
      cars go inside for the long months of winter. Thanks for adjusting the name. Should name them ROO. with a kangaroo logo
      for the outback.

Comment

I wouldn't think you need a Soo-bah-roo specifically, just something with 4x4. My K1500 hasn't gotten stuck yet and I've tried. Despite all my character reformation I still can't break the "drive only domestic" thing. Definitely a moot point today, like if I was buying a new car, I'd definitely consider and probably choose one. Domestics haven't been domestic to me in over twenty years, for the most part. They've lost their soul and identity to me, if it wasn't for the name tag I wouldn't know what I was driving anyway..

Anyway, I'd have done one of the tans as an accent in your car. Although modern interiors just don't do much for me anyway, I'm actually surprised there was a choice of interior accent color. Seems exterior color dictates what the interior color is, right down to an either or option.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          Do floor mounted high beam switches protrude through the floorboard?
          Only after a few seasons in the northeast.

As for driving particular vehicles, I've had this argument a bunch of times; my dad drives FWD cars (starting with his first Saab in the late 70s) and I have a strong preference for RWD, noted by driving cars such as a 1988 300ZX Turbo while living in Greenville, Maine (and getting plenty of odd looks as I drove it past 4x4s all around the Moosehead Lake region).
          I think what we've agreed on is really the crux of it: you should be comfortable with, and confident in, the car you drive; whether it's a Crown Victoria or a Camry, FWD, AWD, RWD, or 4x4.
          But this is plenty off topic now...

Comment

I swear, Subaru is the official state car of Maine

Comment

Originally posted by bgreywolf View Post
              ...As for driving particular vehicles, I've had this argument a bunch of times; my dad drives FWD cars... ...and I have a strong preference for RWD... ...I think what we've agreed on is really the crux of it: you should be comfortable with, and confident in, the car you drive; whether it's a Crown Victoria or a Camry, FWD, AWD, RWD, or 4x4.
              We live for off topic discussion, least I do. One topic should lead into another..

Anyway, I've driven plenty of FWD cars but have only owned one. It was a 1994 Grand Am, two door, automatic with a the single quad 4 banger. I liked that little piece of shit, loved it's ABS. On dry pavement, I really liked it, especially going straight. Any time I had to corner hard or if the roads were wet, that thing would plow like a John Deere through a field. I would much rather prefer the rear wheels lose traction and slide over the front, so I'm a fan of RWD. If I have to have FWD, make a it a four banger, easier to service. But RWD or 4x4 for me. I love 4x4 through snow and ice. They both go and stop better. And when there is slick stuff on the ground, it's the only time that truck feels explosively fast compared to the non 4x4 competition

Definitely a preference thing.

Comment

Originally posted by bgreywolf View Post
                Only after a few seasons in the northeast.

As for driving particular vehicles, I've had this argument a bunch of times; my dad drives FWD cars (starting with his first Saab in the late 70s) and I have a strong preference for RWD, noted by driving cars such as a 1988 300ZX Turbo while living in Greenville, Maine (and getting plenty of odd looks as I drove it past 4x4s all around the Moosehead Lake region).
                I think what we've agreed on is really the crux of it: you should be comfortable with, and confident in, the car you drive; whether it's a Crown Victoria or a Camry, FWD, AWD, RWD, or 4x4.
                Wow Greenville and the Moosehead Lake regions. What beautiful country. We go up there just for the drives. There is one campground we like and stay at in a big cabin on the lake.
                Look me up if you ever come up here.
                Last edited by Mainemantom; 12-17-2020, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  You mentioned rust. Do floor mounted high beam switches protrude through the floorboard?
                  Surface mounted to the floorboard.

Comment

Working...
                  X