Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another low-mile? Wagon

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Ford-C...wAAOSwvddf1DVI

K-code steelside. I’m guessing no pop up seats. Looks pretty good for a northern car.

Another episode of really not being able to prove the mileage. I don’t understand why so many need plug wires at 30K.

These sellers crack me up selling stuff with old tires. They swapped the spare in the RR. How dare you touch that mint spare. Buy a $55 tire. Obviously you’re in it for the money or or you don’t know enough about cars to understand that a 32 year old tire is going to last the new owner more than 50 miles.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Right rear corner just in front of the tail light has some damage. Also right front corner looks like the header panel is cracked and misaligned.
    Seats and carpets have seemingly very little wear, especially in the trunk. Mileage could be believable in that sense.

EDIT: Peeling paint on the tailgate, bunch of dents all along the right side, a bit of rust above the windshield,
    Last edited by Arquemann; 12-12-2020, 08:42 AM.
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
    1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Someone has no clue what they are selling.
      Description says "Power Locks" yet the pictures clearly show manual locks.
      This was NOT the seller's car, if it was they would know that it does not have power locks.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Someone will be very disappointed once it is in their possession for silly money.

It looks good from far but far from good. Rough 35k miles. Id be a buyer for MAX 1500. A good DD if everything is in order. It needs way more than that in body work to make it look perfect. Like mentioned above header panel, rust above windshield trim and riddled with dents. Something weird going on with d.side rear door...not so much the gap but black scratches (creases maybe) alone the lower body line.

Another case of picking it from someone for pennies on the dollar and flipping it.
        Last edited by 87gtVIC; 12-12-2020, 12:49 PM.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Talk about beating a dead horse.... but... looked over the photos even further and the weird black lines I mentioned above that I saw on the drivers side rear door actually extend into the front door to. The p.side rear door has a strange blotch above the door ding moldings. There ain’t a straight panel on the poor thing.

One must remember this is only pointing out what one can see in pictures. Just imagine how much worse it will be in person. Just irks me to no end.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The "$449 Document and prep fee" would keep me from bidding. Even the rocker moldings have dents and flat spots. Does the "power tail gate" work by a switch? LOL! WagonMan
            89 Colony Park
            90 Colony Park
            70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

I'm gonna say that's a 135K miles. Among the issues already mentioned, I saw the lock lever snapped off, driver seat looks worn on the sides, wipers are very old (but not original) and deteriorated, and there's a second floor mat over the driver's original mat.

Someone's gonna get ganked on this deal.

My Cars:
              -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
              -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
              -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
              -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Working...
              X