Bogged down Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bogged down Blues

Hello my 1997 Grand Marquis bogs down installs on initial cold start on mornings that are 35 degrees and below I was told that it could be the coolant temperature sensor and replaced the original but that did not seem to help I'm wondering if it could be a bad fuel pump or the mass air flow sensor. I replaced the air flow sensor 2 years ago and things were fine until last winter and it has persisted again this winter.FYI: after the car warms a bit it is fine the rest of the day. Any ideas would be appreciated thank you

Check/clean the IAC valve?
    These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

+1 IAC may need cleaning. Throttle body may also need cleaning. If the throat of the throttle body is all black behind the throttle valve, take a rag with some throttle body/carb cleaner on it and wipe the schmutz off. That's usually the issue caused by PCV related oil vapor ingestion via the breather side. May also need to replace the PCV valve.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
        +1 IAC may need cleaning. Throttle body may also need cleaning. If the throat of the throttle body is all black behind the throttle valve, take a rag with some throttle body/carb cleaner on it and wipe the schmutz off. That's usually the issue caused by PCV related oil vapor ingestion via the breather side. May also need to replace the PCV valve.
        ^^^ Exactly!
        '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

Working...
        X