No announcement yet.

Any M5OD fans? Why or why not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked up the gear ratios because I was curious...definitely truck gearing. M5OD-R2 Really wide spread between the ratios, and 1st gear looks like a granny gear (2.73 rear might do ok with it, it's 3.90, for reference an AOD is 2.40, t5's are higher). The r1's have better gearing, but not the right bolt pattern.

http://www.f150hub.com/trans/m5od-r2.html
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

When I say firm... I mean like a mustang. You actually have to push it down as opposed to something like an Accent that had such an easy clutch that you could lean your foot on it and the pedal would drop. You can't just rest your foot and shift gears.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Oh, aren't rustangs equipped with cable clutches? My Colorado had an awfully stiff clutch right from the factory, I hated it.

Like gadget said, I think those transmissions are pretty damn decent for a half ton truck. Ever drive something with a SM465?? Whew. DUMPTRUCK transmission. Yuck.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
        X