1968 Buick Rivera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1968 Buick Rivera

Hello i am rebuilding a 68 Rivera. My question is does anyone know where i can locate a 351w? The engine in it now is toasted. Thanks for any information

I would try facebook marketplace or craigslist. If you aren't looking for a roller 351w then they are all over the place
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Why are you putting a 351W in a 68 Buick?
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

82-97 Trucks and Vans are pretty typical donors. A lot of the 3/4 ton are equipped with the Windsor’s.

You’ll need a trans too to put this in a Buick.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Wouldn't it be easier/cheaper to find another 430 to slip in than to redesign the entire drivetrain for the Riv?
          These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

Yes but a friend suggested a 351 but i like your idea thanks

Comment

A friend suggested it he said it wotl be cool

Comment

+ 1 with Derek on that ! Keep it GM.

Comment

wait a minute. years ago there was someone who came here with a buick that someone swapped in a 351w. maybe the seller of the car told that person about gmn.
                  Last edited by Lincolnmania; 01-04-2021, 08:08 PM.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

It is definitely easier to go back with stock engine. No adapters/fabrication needed. You could probably do an LS swap in that as there's probably aftermarket adapters and mounts ready and waiting for purchase. If the old engine isn't completely wrecked, a rebuild might actually be the cheapest option unless you find a known good, used engine. Some general wisdom is that no used engine is good until you tear it down and make sure it is actually good. And while you're in there, replace all gaskets so it won't leak. Obviously, stock for stock is a sure recipe for proper repair, but newer power plant may be a good option if you or someone you know is willing to fabricate a few things to make it fit.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                    X