No announcement yet.

Barn Find Survivor Crown Victoria LTD 2D with 7728 miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think my car new was either 15k or 17k. That price of 16.8K was easily more than it was new. Insane.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

A 5.0 Mustang LX Coupe with these miles would easily sell for twice the window sticker price. MSRP is not necessarily a good metric to go by on FMV.

The Panther coupes are unusual, but they do not really carry any sort of a legacy.
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
        A 5.0 Mustang LX Coupe with these miles would easily sell for twice the window sticker price. MSRP is not necessarily a good metric to go by on FMV.

The Panther coupes are unusual, but they do not really carry any sort of a legacy.
        That is insane too.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

No tripminder, was that a option?

Fuel gauge not working, just a wire from fuel pump not hooked up....... yea, sure it is, thats all. Im chasing that gremlin currently.
          1987 CV LX 5.0

Comment

This one doesnt say it but its along the lines of ac just needs a recharged.

Yes tripminder is an option.

Got analogue clock, digital clock and tripminder equipped clock. Curious when the analogue clock was phased out. I think it looked fantastic and would be running one if my car was not equipped with tripminder.
            ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              ...Curious when the analogue clock was phased out. I think it looked fantastic and would be running one if my car was not equipped with tripminder.
              Sure as hell beats the three or four inch monstrosity Town Cars got, sheesh.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

The greed is real. Bid went to 17.2k and still wont budge. Just crazy on both seller and potential buyer sides of things.

Dropped the starting bid from 17k to 14k in hope if drumming up more activity. Unlikely it will help.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20324990638...m=203249906385
                ~David~

Comment

Wouldn't it pretty much be the same people as before? I think they'd just start to get miffed and wait for another car, I know I would. You should put your car up there, wouldn't be surprised if it netted 30k+ if that thing could see 17..

Comment

Derek. I could not in good conscience allow anyone to pay that much for my car. It just aint that nice to warrant it. Id be happy with 15k and that is taking a HUGE loss. You dont get anything near what you put into them after all. After I had the car painted back in 2010 I put in on craigslist for 8k and had very angry people messaging me that I was absurd on the price for that piece of junk. It was a very well laid out ad with lot of information and pictures that had to have been glossed over by the haters. I just responded with "thanks for checking out my ad" or something similar...just ignoring the hate.

If I was involved in the bidding above I would have been irked by the sellers games by now too. Dont know how lowering the starting price would help. I would imagine its the same deep pocketed (more brains than money) folks duking it out in the end anyways.

Ill tell you this..if my car was totaled out Id be looking into this ad to rebuild it. It is clean. Id be the fool with more money than brains to rebuild the car he put more money into a car than he ever should have.
                    ~David~

Comment

Welp, that listing and people bidding it up beyond 17k want to disagree with you lol. I agree, I don't think you get nearly what you put in but I guess it's all about marketing within the right market.. I'm sure you'll get people that shit on anything, I do my share. But if Vanguard Motor Sale's testimonials have taught me anything, there are plenty of fat old white dudes full of nostalgia and excess cash just waiting to be taken advantage of. I hate to say it, but I think I'm coming around on that one, why fight it? Your car is beyond clean, not to mention how factory it appears (aside from the shifter ). It isn't some hack job, and with how meticulous you are, the thing will last for years before people need to tear it apart. Not to mention that because of how thought out all the work is, it'll go back together and run again once it's done. Vanguard would market the shit out of your car. And considering your dome light works, it's already better than 3/4 of their fleet

That's my thought process.. That or people he knows placing fake bids to drive up the bid war dust storm. THose things to me are like those clencher scenes in movies, I just can't look until it's over.

You mean to say you'd be a buyer at $17k??

Comment

If I needed to replace my car I might be. Price to pay to start clean and fresh. It is crazy though.
                        ~David~

Comment

I also have to say my car is a pig in lipstick thats been through a lot of shit. Id love for it to have a fresh body. Internet pictures can hide many many things. She aint perfect but its all i got and i treat it as a show car just so things dont get worse, its only right to treat your vehicle with respect and it is really damn nice compared to what is out there.
                          ~David~

Comment

Man, and I thought I was pessimistic Every car has imperfections, even that one. Your car has a story, most importantly that it was once your dad's car. No other box can say that.

C'mon David, don't pay $17k for a stock box!

Comment

I aint getting it. If a meteorite landed on my car right now though I would strongly consider it. lol I think I can profit off the incident.
                              ~David~

Comment

The car isn't perfect but that is all I have. You have to treat your car with respect. Better still, remember : My (significant other) isn't perfect but that is all I have. I will choose to treat that person with respect.

Comment

Working...
                                X