No announcement yet.

Window motor replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man. If I had any ties to Home Depot I would be in big trouble. I have no need for more tools but probably couldn’t help myself from all the temptation. Too many things to avoid buying. I have no room here for more!
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

You’re telling me lol. Sometimes I go in on my days off to go see coworkers, just an excuse to browse and buy tools lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got it all back together earlier, I forgot how much of a bitch it was to put the bushings in lol. I also sprayed down the track to stop the window from skipping when going down. Wd40 seems to have done the trick. I have the door card off for the moment to make sure everything is good and to fix it since the backing is broken in the middle. No pics sorry.

Comment

new bushings fit in very tight. I liked trying to get all three and the gear (that ride on the regulator teeth) in at the same time instead of installing the three bushings and trying to press the gear in place. The first time I did that I could not understand how the heck it is all supposed to fit.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yeah it was a struggle for sure and I didn’t want to use any tools or else I’d end up breaking something I’m sure. But then it just slid right in. I’m glad that Dorman still makes these kits for our cars, I’m going to stock up just in case though.

Comment

Working...
            X