Town car and p71 interchange?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Town car and p71 interchange?

Is it possible to swap 2005 p71 parts onto a 2005 town car? Brakes, rear axle etc etc
    Basicallly make a town car frame to be built like a p71

Yep, it'll all swap over. Brakes are the same, axles are the same minus gear's (check the build date, 12/04 is when they went to 31 spline)
    Springs and swaybar's swap right over.
    You can skip the p71 all together and just buy much better aftermarket parts as well.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

What he said. Much is identical, so just watch what you spend the effort to swap.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I have a 2010 Town Car, that I got with 419,xxx miles, and factory rear spring suspension. I replaced the front struts, and upper control arms, along with the rear springs, and shocks with PI parts. Everything is a direct bolt in, and not that much more than stock parts. The ride/handling/tracking of the car is immensely improved, and the ride quality did not suffer. The tighter ride actually makes the car more comfortable to drive. The brakes are the next thing to be done with PI parts, and yes, it's all bolt in. If/when extra money is available, I want to upgrade the rear control arms/Watts link/sway bar, with ADTR parts, along with the front sway bar.
        Mike

Comment

Working...
        X