Box Header Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box Header Panel

Hey guys. Ive owned a 1989 Country Squire wagon for 2 years now and recently busted the grill and header panel. I didnt think it was a big deal since theyve made a ton of Box Fords from 80-91. I cant find a header panel ANYWHERE. There are a few loaded header panels on eBay but im not willing to spend $350 plus shipping for it. Ive almost decided to just buy a parts car, use the parts I need and part the rest out (or keep it for a parts car, just in case) but Boxes are starting to get hard to come by.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket company who manufactures a header panel?
    And also, can a Lincoln Town Car header panel (along with grill, etc) be grafted onto a CV without extensive modification? (just seeing what my options are)

Where are you? I have a black one and a white one in Ct. As far as the Lincoln header swap, it would be possible but not easy. WagonMan
    89 Colony Park
    90 Colony Park
    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

IIRC 88-91 is what you need to match up easy. I can't remember if it is just CV or gM both.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Here ya go. I'd order this one. It's aftermarket, so the fit will be marginal, but if you gotta have one, you gotta have one!

https://www.nationalpartsdepot.com/c...2230-9103.html

It's the 88-91 Ford version only for the 89 CS. The Merc header will bolt on but the frame is longer on the Merc.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
          Here ya go. I'd order this one. It's aftermarket, so the fit will be marginal, but if you gotta have one, you gotta have one!

https://www.nationalpartsdepot.com/c...2230-9103.html

It's the 88-91 Ford version only for the 89 CS. The Merc header will bolt on but the frame is longer on the Merc.
          And require different headlamp bezels/parking lights.

Stick with what you have..Ford.

EDIT. Just looked at the link. Order a few at that price!
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

pretty sure i have one here somewhere too.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Lincoln header panel would require frame modifications. The Lincoln and Mercury's have a few extra inches of frame forward of the core support mount due to having longer header panels.
              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Tiggie!
                I was scouting the internet trying to find anything and no one had one (I did find a few on a couple sketchy sites).

Header panel ordered! $91 to my door! Heck, they even had a grill for $25. Ordered em both! And if I didn’t say it already, THANK YOU! My first post on GM.net and you all appear to be a good group of fellas 👍
                Last edited by Oldschooljp; 01-06-2021, 04:10 PM.

Comment

We try... sometimes.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldschooljp View Post
                    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Tiggie!
                    I was scouting the internet trying to find anything and no one had one (I did find a few on a couple sketchy sites).

Header panel ordered! $91 to my door! Heck, they even had a grill for $25. Ordered em both! And if I didn’t say it already, THANK YOU! My first post on GM.net and you all appear to be a good group of fellas ��
                    You are welcome. I have several other models of Fords but this is the only place I hang out. It’s a pretty good crew around here.
                    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
                    X