No announcement yet.

Here are my two panthers, 2010 Crown Vic Interceptor and a 1988 Crown Vic LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are my two panthers, 2010 Crown Vic Interceptor and a 1988 Crown Vic LX

2010 Ford Crown Victoria Interceptor-75mm throttle body, ported plenum, Ridetech coilovers, 18" Mustang 5 spokes wrapped in 255/45 Michelin Pilot Sport 4s, Sony XAV-AX1000 head unit, front and back leather seats from 01 LTC, front and rear spoilers, LED front and rear lights, caddy 4 tone horn - My baby
    1988 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX- Project car, work in progress
    2008 Ferd F250 Lariat-Stock

Welcome! Nice rides!

I take it you've been around the panther scene a while? Lots of box info around here, some whale info as well but boxes are the main area of expertise here.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Yeah when I started getting into panthers I joined CVN, but I'm more active on their discord server as well as the r/crownvictoria subreddit. I just recently acquired this '88 LX, so I figured I'd make an account here too. The 2010 is great, super reliable and is my DD. The '88 on the other hand needs some work. I was just at the junkyard two days ago looking for a new fuel level sender, luckily I found a mint '84 country squire to pull one out of. I was offered the '88 for such a low price I just couldn't say no, and I'm glad I didn't because this one has pretty much every option you could get at the time and they all work. I have a whole bunch of new fuel tank components on their way right now, so I'm hoping I can get it started by the end of next week.
      2010 Ford Crown Victoria Interceptor-75mm throttle body, ported plenum, Ridetech coilovers, 18" Mustang 5 spokes wrapped in 255/45 Michelin Pilot Sport 4s, Sony XAV-AX1000 head unit, front and back leather seats from 01 LTC, front and rear spoilers, LED front and rear lights, caddy 4 tone horn - My baby

Comment

The wagon fuel sender is not the same as the sedan. If you don't use it, I would like to purchase it from you. LMK WagonMan
        89 Colony Park
        90 Colony Park
        70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Ha, you know what you're completely right I didn't even notice, I thought the only difference was in the fuel pump hanger. I took a look at the two and they are very close, so I'm hoping that it'll at least work for the time being. Unfortunately everything inside the tank was destroyed from sitting for so long. I was able to clean up the hanger and make it work with the rest of the pump assembly out of the wagon, but the level sender is so far gone that there is no saving it, it surprisingly still sends a signal, but the float has disintegrated, and it's full of rust. I'm getting a new tank because it's a reasonable $70 on rock auto, but they don't sell the level sender. I've looked online and I'm seeing prices like 75 or 100+ dollars for one. If I come across a sedan sender, or another wagon sender I'll let you know. Here's some pictures of the parts: https://imgur.com/a/IKC4Sdf

Comment

What part of Ca are you in ? What agency was the 2010 from ?
            I know Ca. very well.
            Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Neat rides. Good luck on fixing up your newly acquired 88.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I'm in the north near Sac. I don't know exactly what agency the car came from. Only hints I have are that I found a Santa Cruz parking validation slip, and it used to be painted black and white like a CHP car so that's what I'm assuming it is.

Comment

Didn't know it had the coach rear window. Don't see them all that often.
                  2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                  2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                  2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                  1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Gotta love a box project car. The more aerodynamic one looks pretty good too.
                    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Freyt View Post
                      I'm in the north near Sac. I don't know exactly what agency the car came from. Only hints I have are that I found a Santa Cruz parking validation slip, and it used to be painted black and white like a CHP car so that's what I'm assuming it is.
                      Pm me and I may be able to help ID it

Comment

Look at the VIN code if it says P71 it is a retired Cop car, or mainemantom can provide more info on your car.

Comment

10 and 11 changed to P7B, not that it’s important just throwing that out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like what you did with the 2010 CV; those Mustang wheels look at home there. And your '88 CV looks like it's in good condition to start a project with.

Comment

Answered your pm.

Comment

Working...
                              X