Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you remove a stubborn EGR spacer from an upper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    I learned a cool thing the other day that maybe can help you out.

Turkey fryer with de greaser in it as a make shift hot tank for cleaning oily parts I thought it was a neat idea.

I have the issue with photos too. I dont get it.
    That is a cool idea. I had to look it up as I wasn't sure off hand what one looked like. I actually found one of them in an old out building last year that I cleaner out and threw it in the scrap pile. Didn't know at the time what it was- just that it was dirty as shit inside. Its still in my pile, I might have to dig it back out to keep for that purpose. Only bad thing is, I don't think that upper would fit in it. Too big.
    1987 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series-102k miles- LOPO 302, AOD, open 3.27, Dual exhaust w/ Thrush Turbo mufflers

Comment

Huh. So it could only have 90k on it. Well, I do gotta say- the throttle body feels tight with very little slop.

Hey guys, are these throttle bodies coated? Can I clean this myself with regular carb cleaner or do they have a coating on them that requires using the special throttle body cleaner?

Is it possible for me to be able to clean this intake without a dip? It's really crusty and gunky. I was thinking of having the machine/engine shop do it when I take the egr spacer in to be bored out but if I can save some money...

Gadget, you get my pm?
      1987 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series-102k miles- LOPO 302, AOD, open 3.27, Dual exhaust w/ Thrush Turbo mufflers

Comment

Working...
      X