Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1985 2 DOOR MGM ls in Carpentersville IL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool looking project car. Really don't look too bad for a "project car" here in IL.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/c...261107103.html

I'd love to have a 2 door, but I really don't need more vehicles. Allready got 7...
    1987 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series-102k miles- LOPO 302, AOD, open 3.27, Dual exhaust w/ Thrush Turbo mufflers

Not bad looking. I dont see daylight through the trunk...works for me!

I like the color a lot. Shines up nicely.

This is funny:

These doors are HUGE guys. Gotta be aware of that as this seller is. Notice the towel protecting each car from each other here.
    Last edited by 87gtVIC; 01-22-2021, 06:35 AM.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Hmm...this one isn’t too far from me. I wonder what the undercarriage looks like. The bottom of the passenger door looks quite crispy but not bad at all for an 80s model Northern IL car. I saw a wagon a few weeks ago where the floors were non existent lol.

Looks like it would make a good year round driver for someone if they didn’t want to fix it up. Thanks for posting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by matth825; 01-22-2021, 12:23 PM.

Comment

That car looks amazing!
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

If that was closer, I'd be selling the P7B and picking that up for a daily.
          '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
          formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

I gotta say, I do really like that color combo. Hell, the whole look of the car is perfect. Wouldn't change a thing.

Originally posted by matth825 View Post
            Hmm...this one isn’t too far from me. I wonder what the undercarriage looks like. The bottom of the passenger door looks quite crispy but not bad at all for an 80s model Northern IL car. I saw a wagon a few weeks ago where the floors were non existent lol.
            Ha, that's how my Grand Wagoneer was when I found it. Not much floor. The floor was the carpeting...

Looks like it would make a good year round driver for someone if they didn’t want to fix it up. Thanks for posting!
            Naw. 3 season car. Gotta keep the rust away. This is a fine automobile, not a beater.
            1987 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series-102k miles- LOPO 302, AOD, open 3.27, Dual exhaust w/ Thrush Turbo mufflers

Comment

Looks like it got some rust treatment in the rockers at one point.
              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by ZackN920 View Post
                I gotta say, I do really like that color combo. Hell, the whole look of the car is perfect. Wouldn't change a thing.

Ha, that's how my Grand Wagoneer was when I found it. Not much floor. The floor was the carpeting...

Naw. 3 season car. Gotta keep the rust away. This is a fine automobile, not a beater.

My friend has two Wagoneers. The bodies on them seem to love to rust. His '87 has had no floors in the back seat for about 10 years now. (Frame is still solid though)

Agreed with 3 season car. That MGM is nice. It's hard to come by nice boxes anymore no point in rotting it out in a few years driving it in the winter.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

I looked over the pictures again and feel I was overly critical of the rust spots I saw. It really would be a shame to ruin it in a few years with winter driving. Hopefully whoever picks it up uses it as a 3 season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Drivers front fender has succumbed to rust at the crown of the wheel arch. They hid it from the pictures. But that is an easily replaceable panel. Still a really presentable car.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ZackN920 View Post
                      Headlights would have to GO!
                      No ... I'm not arguing with you ... I'm just explaining why I'm right ...

Now go ... and whatever you do ... have a safe trip!

Comment

Yup, in the trash with those gawdy things.

But, nice car indeed! Loaded with options too. Too bad it's a Mercury and not the Ferd version.
                        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                        X