Ambient light sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ambient light sensor

Hello my light sensor for the auto lamps is not working. The lamps come on even during the day. What l would like to know is the setup of the sensor. Does it have a connector? If so,does it go to the headlight switch? And lastly , how can I remove the sensor? Thank you.

What year is the car again? I might have the EVTM/shop manuals that can show you the process. It's usually pretty simple.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Comment

Right in the gap. I've got 94 and 2000... I'll try to remember to dig them out when I get home for lunch.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Looks like it's the same all the way, but the difference is how and where it's attached. Early aeros have it screwed down under the dash finish trim (strip across the back of the dash with the defrost vents). The early whales have it attached to that trim piece. Either way, take a trim tool (those plastic pry tools) and pop the trim up. The sensor is under or attached to that trim piece.

1993/4
          Click image for larger version

Name:	1993 CV Autolamp Sensor.png
Views:	1
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	1288587

Click image for larger version

Name:	2000 CV Autolamp Sensor.png
Views:	1
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	1288588

Comment

Thank you for the information and taking the time to do this.

Comment

Working...
            X