Power side mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power side mirrors

I have power side mirrors from an 86 vic, and id like to swap them onto my 85, I was wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram, so i can wire them in correctly, thanks.

Should be the same connector. I don't think that changed until the 90s.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Sounds like he has manual mirrors and wants to install the power mirrors. If he has power windows, the plugs are there in the harness for the power mirrors. WagonMan
      89 Colony Park
      90 Colony Park
      70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

I didn't realize the plugs were already there, thanks

Comment

Just found out the passenger mirror only works side to side but not up and down, I can hear it trying but it wont move. Does anyone have both passenger and driver mirror for sale? let me know.

Comment

I have done this trick and it works for a while. After time the mirrors seem to stick.
            Have someone on the passenger side help you. Hold the mirror glass, then as you use the mirror control l, put a little pressure on the mirror glass to guide it through the range of motion. It is worth trying first vs replacing mirrors.

Comment

I tried, unfortunately it wont move. I havent put them on the car yet, only "bench tested" them.

Comment

Peek behind the glass and make sure there isn't an old bees nest in there. Happened to me once. WagonMan
                89 Colony Park
                90 Colony Park
                70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

I dont see anything behind the glass, and i bench tested it again, side to side goes smooth, up and down i now hear an audible click coming from the mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by 1985crownvicltd85 View Post
                    Just found out the passenger mirror only works side to side but not up and down, I can hear it trying but it wont move. Does anyone have both passenger and driver mirror for sale? let me know.
                    I've got a pair.

Comment

I ended up trying again after work. I removed the mirror and then bench tested again, there are two spots where the mirror sits in and one turns it side to side, and the other up and down. both work without the mirror installed, so I then lubed the "hinge" on the back of the mirror and worked it up and down, I then placed it back in and tried again, now it works in all directions. (sorry I dont have pictures)

Comment

Working...
                      X