PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you remove rusted screws? :(

It's finally cold here, the one to two weeks out of the season in SE Michigan where it gets cold. Really liking Odyssey batteries. Even when it was 1 or 4F yesterday morning, the engine spun over like it was 25F with the old Optima.

Keep everything oiled from day 1 and the salt won't get to things as bad as non oiled...
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Yeah I don't know what battery brand is in my car, usually any car I buy I always replace the battery since I don't know the shape or history of the old one but so far it's thankfully been good.

I usually do that too, well, now I have a load tester so I do that first. But with my truck, I some reason used the battery in it for several years. Think I only replaced it with this Odyssey because I needed a battery for this van we picked up several months ago.

Did you guys get the Odyssey batteries from Napa? I just saw they carried them.
    1987 CV LX 5.0

Ordered them online, I think direct from Odyssey. Can't exactly remember though, definitely didn't find any at stores despite saying they were in stock. Really loving mine though. Another morning where my engine spun over like it wasn't even cold outside.

Those screws ... are they into a solid backing or plastic ears for support, impact drivers can destroy that back up or base. I forgot about a pair of needle nosed vice grips I've used to grip a screw's head. Screws are easy to buy new off the shelf, even offered in stainless steel.
    No ... I'm not arguing with you ... I'm just explaining why I'm right ...

Now go ... and whatever you do ... have a safe trip!

Obviously using lighter blows for softer materials is best. Don't whack it with a 4 pound hammer like trying to get the alignment screws out of a rusty rotor. Try a 19oz hammer first with lighter blows before going full hulk on it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Just a heads up for anyone that wants to install LED lights, best upgrade ever but make sure when you wire the adapter to the socket you plug the red wire in the ground part of the socket for the low beam bulbs. Mine all worked, but when I had the black wire in the ground socket the lights were more dim you wouldn't think the red wire should be in the ground part of the socket but it made all the difference for me still threw me for a loop though lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12