Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Try a SpeedyEFI Fishdog for tuning yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody Try a SpeedyEFI Fishdog for tuning yet?

Title says it all. Looking at ECUs for another car, SpeedyEFI came up and seems like it could work.

https://speedyefi.com/product/fishdo...speeduino-ecu/

This one also seems interesting

https://rusefi.com/

and they have a 60 pin EEC-IV connector setup available for it. The notion of it being a plug-in really seems interesting to me.

computing has gotten cheap and powerful. Fair bet any of the available microcontrollers have way more ability than the stuff 1980s EFI used. Makes sense that someone would pair the two and come up with a cheap fuel injection system that doesn't rely on proprietary BS
    Last edited by gadget73; 02-05-2021, 07:09 PM.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

What made me interested in the SpeedyEFI one is the fact that it's speed density based, and having a speed density car, makes me like that idea a lot. Along with the codebase for the tuning program and such all being totally open source, which I really really like.

However, I really like the concept of plug and play is extremely enticing though.

Comment

a lot of the non-OE EFI is speed density. Done right it can be more responsive. Big advantage mass air has is that it self-tunes to some degree.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Note here, I ordered a Megasquirt gen 2 today, since my wiring harness seems to be in good shape. I really like the plug n play aspect of it.

Going to perform the salt and pepper shaker maintenance here soon as a precaution.

Comment

Working...
          X