Scored an original spare!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scored an original spare!

I was bored and went on Craigslist and spotted an original spare for a 90 Grand Marquis. I needed a spare for my 89 Colony Park. Never used. Like new condition. 215-70-15 Firestone FR480 I would never use it for every day driving, being over 30 years old, but as a spare,
    it works for me. Best part it was local and only $25! WagonMan
    Attached Files
    89 Colony Park
    90 Colony Park
    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Nice. I had one just like it in my car. I had no use for it (tire sizes changed and all) and was more interested in having the mini spare. Gave it to Scottmang ages ago. Looked just like yours nice and new. I or my father may have used it collectively a handful of times.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I stole Ashley's original, unused spare from her '89 after I had to put mine to work one year. I've since removed it. Found another nice turbine and then had five new tires put on. So if I ever have to use the spare again, no one will know. Spare will go with the car if I sell it.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Awsome find.

Still have a OEM full size spare and cover in the Merc robbed from a wrecked '01 CV (in 2002), and a new new touched pavement OEM 2001 mini or doughnut spare with cover.

But '90?
        No ... I'm not arguing with you ... I'm just explaining why I'm right ...

Now go ... and whatever you do ... have a safe trip!

Comment

spare for mine is some used 16" H rated tire on an LSC wheel. I seem to remember it being a Mr Haney special. Scott will know who I'm talking about. 16" tires required for the brake swap, so why not have a matching wheel as the spare? Only trick is no center cap so the retainer hardware fits.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Great find. The rim alone in mint shape is well worth the price.

Comment

Talk about a time capsule! Looks like it never hit the ground. Like Gadget, I too keep a full size, and a doughnut in the Lincoln. I do a lot of out of state driving, and would rather have the full size, as some high way exits are miles apart.
              Mike

Comment

Possible additional evidence of my theory of the spare having the nubs for the wheel covers.

My 88 has its original spare. Some full size 14” temporary job with the word “spare” as the tread pattern. I put it in storage years ago for a real tire and have used said real tire several times.
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

had a couple new old stock spares. they ended up on my sons truck iirc.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                  X