1988 LTD Crown Victoria, First time on the road since 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 LTD Crown Victoria, First time on the road since 2007

After 48 days of long nights and plenty of trips to the parts store the 1988 LTD Crown Victoria LX makes its first road drive in 14 years. Here's a list of work I've done to the car so far: 91 Town Car fender liner swap with updated relays washer/coolant bottle and 07 CVPI intake, dual exhaust conversion (this is still a WIP but I have the h-pipe on), aero panther axle swap for rear disc brakes, suspension rebuild, and a whole lot of maintenance stuff like lubing the windows replacing the ignition cylinder and much more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UDK...ature=youtu.be

Here's what I still need to do: Power train swap my plan is a 302 from a 96 explorer>22-2400 stall TC>Wide ratio AOD>3.55 LSD, Replace the brake booster or rebuild it, replace the rear left window regulator, repair the ignition switch, and repair the radio. Once the car is mechanically sound I'll start looking at fixing the cosmetic components like the top and the seats. My currently plan is to keep the brown interior and have the broken parts reupholstered. For the exterior I think I'll have the car repainted to a dark shadow gray, or gunmetal color and have the top done in black, I might have the wheels powder coated too. I don't have a concrete plan yet so any suggestions are welcome, all I know is that I'm not keeping it the color it currently is.

Really enjoying this car so far and when I'm done with it, it's going to really compliment my other Crown Vic really well.
    Last edited by Freyt; 02-14-2021, 07:22 PM.
    2010 Ford Crown Victoria Interceptor-75mm throttle body, ported plenum, Ridetech coilovers, 18" Mustang 5 spokes wrapped in 255/45 Michelin Pilot Sport 4s, Sony XAV-AX1000 head unit, front and back leather seats from 01 LTC, front and rear spoilers, LED front and rear lights, caddy 4 tone horn - My baby
    1988 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX- Project car, work in progress
    2008 Ferd F250 Lariat-Stock

Great work. Nice choice on the rear discs. I wish I went axle swap over converting the existing axle to accept the discs.

I like your idea of paint and top colors. The turbines are looking so good. Powdercoating those?

Have fun with everything else you have to do. Looks like a nice project.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I was thinking maybe a dark gray or black on the turbines. They're in good shape, but they almost seem stained from how long they sat. I've tried a whole bunch of different methods or cleaning but the old brake dust and dirt just wont come off.
      2010 Ford Crown Victoria Interceptor-75mm throttle body, ported plenum, Ridetech coilovers, 18" Mustang 5 spokes wrapped in 255/45 Michelin Pilot Sport 4s, Sony XAV-AX1000 head unit, front and back leather seats from 01 LTC, front and rear spoilers, LED front and rear lights, caddy 4 tone horn - My baby
      1988 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX- Project car, work in progress
      2008 Ferd F250 Lariat-Stock

Comment

Working...
      X