PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What bulb replacement for dome light :(

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    specifically why I don't like the blue-white. It looks too modern.
    I agree, I hate that light color. Lots love it though..
    1987 CV LX 5.0

I like the blue-white in the accent lights in the grill of my car that helps signs "pop" at night while not being enough to really affect oncoming traffic. Just the wavelength addition to the regular headlights helps a lot at night to read signs. I don't mind it for the dome/map lights either. Dash lights, NO.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Yeah to be honest guys I got all the bulbs installed and I don't like it. Gadget said it right it's too..modern. I mean I like these same led dome lights in my 2000 jeep grand cherokee but in this car it just doesn't seem right so yeah gonna swap em back.

If it's just the color of the light bugging you, 3500K color (warm white) will look like the old bulbs.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

I post a lot...

Yes 3,500 to 4K is sometimes very nice. Not ultra blue/white but less yellow than the original incandescent. Do you know the frequency of the replacement bulbs you bought?
    "X" car 89 Colony Park LS Mods>Engine delete, SS duals magnaflow hflow cats, 2010 Must GT mufflers, auto air shocks, Posi, Tran cooler, big front brakes, 03+ rear disks, Large 3g alt, Tripminder, GS grill, 86 seats, 16" HPP wheels, winter boots=96 Cartier wheels, 215-65/16 Goodyear ULTRA GW3 snows, pi rear sway, alum driveshaft.
    03 Marauder DBP, HS, 6disk, Organizer, Silver Stars, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector.
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated Cooper Zeon RS3-A, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

I only know they were super white color. They only costed me $10 on ebay so not a whole loss, maybe you guys can recommend me some led bulbs that look more like the incandescent? Or I just look for 3500 to 4k? I always shopped for led bulbs by the color I want them to be.

Most anything from www.superbrightleds.com that says warm white will be in that color range. Cool white will be 5000k or higher and typically 7500k-9500k.

Okay thanks sly, awesome site this is better than going on ebay cause it has it more categorized for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12