No announcement yet.

What bulb replacement for dome light :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I highly recommend the LMC light lens. I have them in the cars. Huge improvement. I also recommend Diode Dynamics for their LED lights I have them in the Subaru. 3 year warranty. Very good quality. On their site they show the application for the Mustang. 168/194 $8 ea. You can pick the color and intensity.Far better than the Ebay garbage. You can also call them if you have questions. They were helpful with me.

Comment

Some of the Chinabay stuff is OK, lots is not. the bayonet LED lamps that are in my gauges are flaky. One of them flickers badly, need to see if I can find either something better or a way to repair it. Probably a bad solder joint, the physical construction on those are pretty craptastic.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
        Just by the way Red is considered the best color for not ruining night vision but still providing good vision.
        I recommend this all the time but no one listens to me.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I like blueish white light, it's not so much to see better at night it's aesthetics more than anything give it a more modern look, still waiting on my bulbs to show up I'll post a pic when they are done.

Comment

specifically why I don't like the blue-white. It looks too modern.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              specifically why I don't like the blue-white. It looks too modern.
              I agree, I hate that light color. Lots love it though..
              1987 CV LX 5.0

Comment

I like the blue-white in the accent lights in the grill of my car that helps signs "pop" at night while not being enough to really affect oncoming traffic. Just the wavelength addition to the regular headlights helps a lot at night to read signs. I don't mind it for the dome/map lights either. Dash lights, NO.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yeah to be honest guys I got all the bulbs installed and I don't like it. Gadget said it right it's too..modern. I mean I like these same led dome lights in my 2000 jeep grand cherokee but in this car it just doesn't seem right so yeah gonna swap em back.

Comment

If it's just the color of the light bugging you, 3500K color (warm white) will look like the old bulbs.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Yes 3,500 to 4K is sometimes very nice. Not ultra blue/white but less yellow than the original incandescent. Do you know the frequency of the replacement bulbs you bought?
                      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I only know they were super white color. They only costed me $10 on ebay so not a whole loss, maybe you guys can recommend me some led bulbs that look more like the incandescent? Or I just look for 3500 to 4k? I always shopped for led bulbs by the color I want them to be.

Comment

Most anything from www.superbrightleds.com that says warm white will be in that color range. Cool white will be 5000k or higher and typically 7500k-9500k.

Comment

Okay thanks sly, awesome site this is better than going on ebay cause it has it more categorized for me.

Comment

Working...
                            X