Box CV/MGM Dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box CV/MGM Dimensions

I don't know if this is the correct forum for this question. How long are the box CV/MGMs from front bumper to rear bumper? I'm trying to price temporary storage for the CV once I get it running.

'91 MGM, about 17ft 10inches (this is not necessarily an exact measurement), probably 18 if I had included my hitch. For some reason I thought it was closer to 17ft, but since I'm working from home I just grabbed my tape and checked.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

^^^^^^^Awesome! Thank you for giving me that info; and for going out in the not-so-nice weather to measure.^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
        '91 MGM, about 17ft 10inches (this is not necessarily an exact measurement), probably 18 if I had included my hitch. For some reason I thought it was closer to 17ft, but since I'm working from home I just grabbed my tape and checked.
        Thanks as well. I know I measured the Vic ages ago and remembered it being around 18'. This confirms it. These cars are LONG but still there are bigger boats out there!
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

LOL, upper 20s here pretty nice day. I almost didn't put a hoodie on over my t-shirt and probably didn't need to.

I though I had measured 17 on my '87 CV and 17.5 on my '88 Country Squire when I was 16, maybe it was more like 18 and 18.5.
          Definitely longer out there, like most '70s cars. Panthers were a downsize for the time.
          Last edited by VicCrownVic; 02-18-2021, 04:09 PM.
          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
          X