SBF Engine to Modular Trans Adapter Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SBF Engine to Modular Trans Adapter Kit

Not something I would be interested in, but figured I'd share since I had never heard of such a thing.
    I could never justify the price, but that's just me.
    https://transmissionadapters.com/pro...O0gd3CR5WtMprQ
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Nothing is reasonably priced anymore. But sad fact is it probably takes a hell of amount of time start to finish driving up the cost. Seems no matter what you want to do these days. kits seem to cost about as much as the entire car (got to hunt for it, but a nova suspension I think it was, the kit was over $4000us, oine of those, hey, that'd be cool and make life easy until you get to the price).

Comment

I wonder what a lopo would be like with a 10 speed.

I hear a new Vette take off from a light the other day. Normal grandpa style take off. Sounded so strange with all that shifting. The rpm was kept very low. Right where a lopo would like it... 2000rpm or so. Might get 30mpg.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I should have said that I couldn't justify the price because I don't need it. If I did some research and really wanted to go this route, it's very possible the price is reasonable. A lot of material, research, and time went into this kit on the company's part.

I paid $66 for a Zone Off-road drive shaft spacer. If this kit is 20 times the material my spacer is made of I guess it actually is a decent deal.
        Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

thats spendy. I'm curious what someone wanted to pair an SBF with so badly to justify that. SBF 4R70w's exist, so it would have to be a 5+ speed unit. Does anyone make a controller for those?

The material isn't cheap, but the machining isn't either. The spinny part especially has to be very carefully made so its properly balanced and aligned. The bell adapter looks nearly 1" thick, and there is a whole lot of metal that isn't there in the middle. Figure that probably started as a 24x24x1" or so plate, and the bulk of it was just hogged out of the middle to make a hole.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

USShift has a controller for the 6R80. 10R80 is still in development, although they did put a 10R80 into an '04 MGM: https://www.usshift.com/silverbullet.shtml
            Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
              USShift has a controller for the 6R80. 10R80 is still in development, although they did put a 10R80 into an '04 MGM: https://www.usshift.com/silverbullet.shtml
              I was going to post this, I would have loved to put a 6r80 in my car, but too much cost, too much fabrication. Maybe one day, when i'm rich lol
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                I like their use of the Ford parts bin to get the development mule set up.
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I've been keeping up with this one for a year or so. Very interesting.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                  X