Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roller Rockers 1.6 vs. 1.7? Which is better, and why? Cam selection, HELP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic transmissions aren't my bag, but the AOD in my white coupe was pretty decent. It was a basic rebuild with upgraded clutches and an A+ servo, Silverfox SPT-R (OD lockout), B&M deep pan, stacked plate cooler, and a Dirty Dog 3600-ish stall NLU converter. Rest of the build was a .020 over GT40P headed 302 with an HO cam (straight up), Crane 1.7s, Holley 600 DP, 2.5" exhaust and 3.73s. The car was a nice time and would blast the tires off from a stop; excellent throttle response. Decent around town drivability, and no HO cam light switch nonsense with that converter. I would highly recommend those drivetrain mods to support your engine build.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by AngryMcMuffin View Post

I don't mind lumpy and shaky, but driving overcammed cars really isn't a thing I like. Sounds cool because of valve overlap, but won't get out of it's own way from a stop. Do you have a video demonstrating the idle sound/performance of it?
      first one has a lot of rambling but there is a start and idle bit at the end there. Also get to see a big part of what prompted the cam swap, though I honestly did not know that damage was there beforehand. i just know the engine was getting noisy and the performance was lacking. once it came apart it was fairly obvious why. The rocker arms also got replaced, went from Crane Cobra 1.7 to the Scorpion. no better reason than because I already owned them and they fit under the valve covers. Honestly they seem better made anyway.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
      X