1994 CVPI Speedo not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1994 CVPI Speedo not working

Hi all, recently replaced the odometer gears on my ‘94. Put everything together and the odometer now works, however, the speedo stopped working. To test I purchased another CVPI speedo off eBay, installed it into my car and the speedo worked.

I think it has to do with popping the MPH needle off the speedo. Even tho I was super careful popping it off, it seems to effect the operation. As when I popped the needle of the new speedo I purchased off eBay and put it back on, the speedometer stopped working on that one as well. Anyone run into similar issues ??

Appreciate any tips

Check the connections internally to the speedo going to the motor for the speedo. Something may have been knocked loose in the process.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks sly, I’ll double check. Ive heard the speedometer motor is super sensitive. Hopefully it’s not damaged but ill take it apart again

Comment

Working...
      X