• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2553.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	1288807

Here is a photo of the instruction sheet I sent you. Maybe there are details there ?
    I think Gadget made a good comment in the For Sale ad. I noticed that the sold ad was removed. Maybe you can pm him ?
    Last edited by Mainemantom; 03-28-2021, 07:41 PM.

Comment

C213 and C252 were present on tow package cars. Between these two connectors is where the harness to the relays plugged in. On non-tow package cars these connectors are not present (according to the 1991 EVTM).
      Unfortunately the stock harness is not going to be plug and play in a non-tow package car but some of the work is done already with that harness and all you should need is the make the connection(s).
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]56036[/ATTACH]

Here is a photo of the instruction sheet I sent you. Maybe there are details there ?
        I think Gadget made a good comment in the For Sale ad. I noticed that the sold ad was removed. Maybe you can pm him ?
        This was Thains post:

Originally posted by gadget73
        The part with the yellow plug is for a brake controller under the dash. Other piece is what your light/brake connector wires to. It runs from the bank of relays to outside the car.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I think its missing the middle section that has the relay bank. No idea if that was available as an add-on but the two connectors tie into the relay stuff. It wouldn't be terribly hard to DIY it honestly. Just need to refer to the EVTM to copy it. There is a power feed to the relays, and I think a second one that is used for trailer batt charging. If you are only using a 4 wire connector, you don't need to run the stuff up front for a brake controller. At that point its just power in to the relays, signal wires to the relays that tap out of the stock tail light stuff, and output from the relays to the trailer connector.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It may be possible to have Ford give you the part number for the section needed. Who knows the part might be around.

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
              C213 and C252 were present on tow package cars. Between these two connectors is where the harness to the relays plugged in. On non-tow package cars these connectors are not present (according to the 1991 EVTM).
              Unfortunately the stock harness is not going to be plug and play in a non-tow package car but some of the work is done already with that harness and all you should need is the make the connection(s).
              Well, I'm an idiot. Sorry for the confusion.

It looks like the trailer harness should plug in at C213 which is very much present on non-tow package cars according to the 1991 EVTM (90-4).
              C213 is way up in the driver side kick panel though (see below). I think Tom had a picture of the harness in the FS thread. It seemed like it was not that long to be tapping in way up front and running to the relays way in the back.
              Anyway, unplug C213 and plug one end of the trailer harness into the female end of C213 and the male end of C213 plugs into the other end of the trailer harness. Then there should be a section of the harness that runs to the rear to the relays.

Attached Files
              Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

I forgot I also have an '89 EVTM which may be more similar to '86.

In '89 they labeled the connector C320, and it is further up under the dash compared to the '91 location in the kick panel. Also they referred to it as C320 and C320A instead for '89 instead of C213 and C252 for '91.
                Same idea though.

Here are some pictures from the '89 EVTM. Hope it helps.

Attached Files
                Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Working...
                X