Rear Window Grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Window Grid

So ok, on my '86 MGM Tudor...........the shit never ends.......when out to move the car. and noticed out of the corner of my eye that some kind of plastic strip was hanging off the inside rear window. -Upon close inspection I found that on the pass side at the bottom of the window is the electrical feed for the grid, attached to that is a what appears to be a long thin plastic strip that attaches in five places to the grid. This plastic seems to being 12V to the five grid points. But, the strip has pulled away from the top two points??.......can this be somehow re-glued, or do I have to forget having a rear defogger??

Something like this may help... https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-0911...dp/B000ALBZJY/
    Should be available at the FLAPS.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks Sly, ordered the one which says for adhering of "tab" to grid lines.

Originally posted by sly View Post
      Something like this may help... https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-0911...dp/B000ALBZJY/
      Should be available at the FLAPS.

Comment

Now that the weather is warming up a bit, it will work. I have used it. Hope you have a steady hand. I was having hand tremors when I applied it. Not fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
          Now that the weather is warming up a bit, it will work. I have used it. Hope you have a steady hand. I was having hand tremors when I applied it. Not fun.
          Thanks for the info Tom...I saw a guy yesterday that has a MINT 1974 Tudor 500XL...white with brown vinyl top...what a gorgeous car....one of my all time wants back in the day

Comment

Working...
          X