T5 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T5 swap

Who can I message that’s done a t5 swap in there box?
    I have the t5 and a mustang pedal assembly
    Also thinking of using a Ford ranger hydraulic clutch instead of the cable

No need to message. Best to keep all information about the 5 speed swaps out in the open so all can learn. I have done the swap in my car one year ago. I went cable driven. Cannot help on the hydraulic front.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nothing wrong with a cable, is there? I used to sneer at that until I reviewed my manual transmission experience/history. Every single one of our hydraulic clutch set-ups has given us problems. Well, except for Ashley's '92 C1500. I suspect that's just a matter of time though.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Ok
        Any tips / tricks to look for
        Have any measurements on welding the pedal tube in ?
        I always though the. Cable way put stress on the firewall and need of cutting into the dash frame?

Comment

I dont have measurements but here is what I have done. If I were to do it again I would put the tube more inboard (closer the drivers seat) and down a bit. In the location I did it I had some contact between my firewall adjuster and the clutch quadrant. I was okay though as my adjuster was SO long (maximum motorsports) that I was able to trim some off.

As far as the firewall goes. YES. That is why I purchase a brace sold by Pier. I modified it to fit my needs and bolted it to the lip of the cowl and through the firewall. It is SOLID and does not flex whatsoever.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post841819

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post841578

I would advise on removing the steering column completely. I believe some have just dropped it (and removed drivers seat) and did the install but I dont know how I could have done it with it in the way.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
          X