Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

smog pump for 90 Mercury Grand Marquis 5.0 (cardone 32-291)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the guys with the car-part are a junk yard and they need the 'engine code'. I guess its supposed to be on a sticker in the engine bay?
    I've never seen it, and both yesterday and today I've failed to find it. based on one web-site, it says you should go by the 8th and 10th letter of your vin?

So would F2Lx make sense as an engine code? Where under the hood would I find this mysterious sticker that says engine size/style code? Does anyone know?

Thanks!
    90 Mercury Grand Marquis "The Grey Goose"

Comment

Engine code is F in Ford speak.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

+1 on taking it apart and removing the guts. maybe stick new bearings in there if it has them, I don't honestly know. At that point its just an idler pulley.

The engine code is probably the calibration code. That should on the door near the sticker with the VIN or on the pillar behind it. Should be 3 characters

I have a 1991 special specifications manual, thats the one that lists all the emissions BS by calibration. In 91 there are 3 non-HO 5.0 cal codes, GAU, GAY, GAZ.
        For thermactor pump, all three list the same 3 part numbers
        E3ZE-91486-EA , EB. svc p/n E3ZZ-91486-A
        E5AE-91486-AA, svc p/n E5AZ-9A486-A
        E6VE-91486-AA, svc p/n E6VZ-9A486-A

Those are 83 Mustang, 85 Vic, and 86 Towncar respectively. Apparently any of those could be installed for this specific cal. Why they have so many numbers I don't know but its Ford.

so feel free to tell them its a 91 with any of those codes they happen to like.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

So the code seems to be E8AE..
          but I got there after driving 75 miles... and... well.. they couldn't find the part

So I drove 150 miles round trip for no gain. That ... uhhh sucks!
          But I laugh. It was a pleasant ride and the car was purring along like it should.

If they find it, they will ship it to a junkyard in Denver so I can pick it up, if not, they have one at their sister-shops somewhere and will ship that one direct to my house..
          It puts off repairing the car a bit longer, but I guess thats how car repair with older cars goes.

Thanks for all the help folks. Will let you know how it all turns out.
          I really don't look forward to taking the pulley off on the top as it was hell to get it onto the -wrong side- of that pulley.
          But I had to so as not to interfere with other stuff. So when I get the part I will get to swap Smog pump, then get a longer belt and take off the pulley that was hell to mount in order to bypass all this jazz.
          90 Mercury Grand Marquis "The Grey Goose"

Comment

I can look through my parts pile(pretty sure I just scrapped a good one) and if not, I’ll see if my new-to-me ‘89 still has it on there...if I can rustle one up, it’s yours for the asking...and the cost of shipping.
            '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

SasQuatch I had to deal with people who could not afford the repairs on their failed car and that sucked for the car owner who needed their car. I had to tell them you got to fix the car or take it off the road.

Comment

Working...
              X