Wanted: Door lock actuator for 1987 box country squire / corwn vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted: Door lock actuator for 1987 box country squire / corwn vic

Need an OEM passenger side power door lock actuator for my 87 country squire. The aftermarket one I purchased to replace the original is pure trash unfortunately.

I'll take a used functional one but hey if you have NOS I'm interested.

Whats your price shipped? PM me / post on this thread if you have one to sell. I'm located in 76126, Texas. I can pay with paypal.

Thanks, Kyle.
    1987 slick top Wagon

Search "photobucket embed fix" to remove watermark from photos

How so?
    Buying wear items used is quite hit and miss, especially when it comes to electric motors.

Last year I bought an Ultra Power actuator, and after a quick adjustment on one of the supplied rods, it has worked problem free so far.
    If you're having issues with the door lock being "sticky" or slow, you should lube the pivot points and mechanism first, or even minty OEM parts won't last.
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
    1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

One of the issues with aftermarket is the supplied rods are cheap and get out of adjustment. Someone here has said that the OEM rod can be adapted to the aftermarket unit. Worth a try.

Comment

Hey thanks for the reply's, yall are quick!

Originally posted by Arquemann View Post
        How so?
        Buying wear items used is quite hit and miss, especially when it comes to electric motors.

Last year I bought an Ultra Power actuator, and after a quick adjustment on one of the supplied rods, it has worked problem free so far.
        If you're having issues with the door lock being "sticky" or slow, you should lube the pivot points and mechanism first, or even minty OEM parts won't last.
        Like you, I was able to adjust one of the rods with the aftermarket actuator. However I have to hold down the unlock button to get the new actuator to work (even with it disconnected from the door lock rod). To describe it in words: the motor is really slow to untwist / extend. Kinda hard to explain.

I lubed the door lock mechanism and all the rod pivot points and it works very smoothly; it really is just the actuator I have. I'm wondering if I can squirt some oil down into it to see if that helps?

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
        One of the issues with aftermarket is the supplied rods are cheap and get out of adjustment. Someone here has said that the OEM rod can be adapted to the aftermarket unit. Worth a try.
        I can see how the factory rod can be cut down to work with the aftermarket actuator. The problem I seem to be having is with the actuator motor it's self.
        1987 slick top Wagon

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174709843175

I used these on my 90. The rod is a 90 instead of a zig zag. You can swap the rod although I don't know how. I used it as is and put a clip on the end of it to hold it in the lock.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
            https://www.ebay.com/itm/174709843175

I used these on my 90. The rod is a 90 instead of a zig zag. You can swap the rod although I don't know how. I used it as is and put a clip on the end of it to hold it in the lock.
            Thanks for the link and info Tiggie! I'll give them a shot and report back here if they workout. For $27 shipped it's worth giving them a chance.

-Kyle.
            1987 slick top Wagon

Comment

Thanks again tiggie! I got them in the mail yesterday and installed it this morning. It works like a charm! Didn't have to modify anything either! Plus I have a spare as well when another goes out.
              Attached Files
              1987 slick top Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Alice87 View Post
                Thanks again tiggie! I got them in the mail yesterday and installed it this morning. It works like a charm! Didn't have to modify anything either! Plus I have a spare as well when another goes out.
                Glad they worked for you too. With the swap meets drying up, eBay has some good stuff at good prices sometimes.
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
                X