Gt40 intake with stock rn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gt40 intake with stock rn

I知 doing an intake swap this weekend but was wondering if the stock tb will bolt to the gt40 intake. Also if I would have trouble putting a spacer between the upper and lower intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will, but it's pointless to run a 50mm TB with an explorer intake. Hell, the 50mm TB is a restriction even on regular lopo/HO manifolds. Run a Explorer TB and a bored out EGR spacer to match.

A spacer will fit fine, I ran a 1" with explorer intakes no problem. I don't think it did anything, but it fits.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I知 just putting it together to bring it back to my place but the intake has been sitting for like 2 years now. I need the spacer for the taller valve covers I just bought. Later on I値l get the explorer tb. I just needed to make sure everything was going to fit good before I tear it down

Comment

Comment

Fancy.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

400$ fancy [emoji24][emoji24]

Comment

oof.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by dan View Post

EYE Candy!
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I値l post pics and a video of it running probably next week. Hopefully it doesn稚 rain this weekend. Been raining these past few weekends in San Antonio

Comment

Hello!

Not to take over your thread here but this seemed like a good place to ask my question. I've been looking in to finding an explorer intake, but PAUSED over the buy button when i found your posting.

Am I reading this write - that the throttle body becomes a problem between the stock 302 on the GM and explorer? How do you resolve this?

Comment

Originally posted by dan View Post

That looks sick!

Comment

Originally posted by ComputerFreek View Post
                        Hello!

Not to take over your thread here but this seemed like a good place to ask my question. I've been looking in to finding an explorer intake, but PAUSED over the buy button when i found your posting.

Am I reading this write - that the throttle body becomes a problem between the stock 302 on the GM and explorer? How do you resolve this?
                        From what it looks like it痴 not a problem but it is a restriction on the flow. You can install it but it be better with a matching tb. I知 only putting it on until I get another tb and fix the linkage on it to fit my car

Comment

You need an HO throttle body.. But, you need to swap the linkage to the Panther stuff. You then need to bore the EGR spacer out. I've got the stuff sitting on my shelf, collecting dust. I thought I was going to swap an HO upper on my TC but never got around to it.
                          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                            You need an HO throttle body.. But, you need to swap the linkage to the Panther stuff. You then need to bore the EGR spacer out. I've got the stuff sitting on my shelf, collecting dust. I thought I was going to swap an HO upper on my TC but never got around to it.
                            You thinking of selling it? Was planning a trip to the junkyard to get a used tb from the gms there and finding a 60 or 65mm from the local mustang guys

Comment

thing with the 65mm throttle body is you can't bore out the stock EGR spacer enough to work with that. 60mm is no problem, but there isn't enough material to do 65. For that you need either a Mustang one and a bracket fabricated to mount the throttle cables, or you need a first gen Lightning spacer. The Lightning part is a drop-on perfect match, but we're talking 25 year old limited production parts that have gotten fairly obscure at this point.

for an HO upper, all you need is a 60mm HO throttle body and a bored out stock EGR spacer. You can use that on an Explorer intake, but its a slight restriction. Probably not significant. and on stock heads you're never going to flow enough air for it to matter. Honestly I wouldn't even consider more than an HO upper with stock heads. The air velocity through the intake will take a dump and you'll lose low RPM torque. Thats all the lopo has going for it, so losing anything is not good.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X