HPP Wheels on '79 Marquis Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tbear853 View Post
    I know what a "HPP car" is, but "what is a HPP wheel" ... was more my query. Like, if the HPP wheel is laid on a pile of other Lacey Spoke 16x7s off of non HPP cars, how can a fellow tell the difference? I've got a set of Lacey Spoke 16x7s off a '01 CV, they have exactly the same 4mm offset as the 16x7 Teardrop wheels that were on my '01 Mercury. I've seen three variations of Lacey Spokes which did usually come on a HPP car, but were not exclusive to HPP cars. I only asked the question because I had never heard of them being called HPP wheels, just always Lacey Spokes.
    Any "lacy spoke" 16x7 on a 93-02 panther is a HPP wheel, because they only came on HPP cars, hence the name.
    They've been called HPP's for over 15 years now (CVN Wheel & Tire FAQ was written back in 06)
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Until this thread, I had only heard or read them being called Lacey Spokes. I've seen them on non HPP cars, but then I made that same swap in '02 so there's that I guess.
      No ... I'm not arguing with you ... I'm just explaining why I'm right ...

Now go ... and whatever you do ... have a safe trip!

Comment

Yeah... my car was originally a LX highway cruiser. I've built it into an HPP except for the springs and sways. I prefer the ride as is with just the KYB Gas-a-justs upgrade.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by tbear853 View Post
          Until this thread, I had only heard or read them being called Lacey Spokes. I've seen them on non HPP cars, but then I made that same swap in '02 so there's that I guess.
          Oddly enough, until I saw some of the replies on this post, I've only seen them referred to as HPP wheels. Didn't even know that there was any variation at all until I decided that I wanted to install them on my '79 Marquis coupe and started looking up info on them.
          1978 Ford LTD wagon, 351M
          1979 Mercury Marquis, 351W
          1987 Ford F-250 HD 4x4, 460, 4-speed, reg cab full bed
          2003 Mercury Marauder, 4.6L DOHC, JLT CAI, 4.10 gears, J-mod, custom tune

Comment

I wonder, if it is "Lacey Spoke" or is it "Lacy Spoke"?

Either way, they are pretty. I might someday put my set on an "older than new" Ranger or '67-'68 Mustang coupe.

I can spell "HPP" OK.

Comment

I wonder, if it is "Lacey Spoke" or is it "Lacy Spoke"?

Either way, they are pretty. I might someday put my set on an "older than new" Ranger or '67-'68 Mustang coupe.

I can spell "HPP" OK.
              Attached Files

Comment

Technically the Lacy spoke was a box Townie wheel. Very similar to a turbine. Click image for larger version

Name:	12EE638D-6C44-4E83-BD84-847F510965C3.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	686.3 KB
ID:	1289003
                2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                Past Panthers
                1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

I actually managed to find a full set of NOS caps on eBay. Just need to work on getting the wheels, which are nowhere near as cheap as the caps.
                  1978 Ford LTD wagon, 351M
                  1979 Mercury Marquis, 351W
                  1987 Ford F-250 HD 4x4, 460, 4-speed, reg cab full bed
                  2003 Mercury Marauder, 4.6L DOHC, JLT CAI, 4.10 gears, J-mod, custom tune

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                    Any "lacy spoke" 16x7 on a 93-02 panther is a HPP wheel, because they only came on HPP cars, hence the name.
                    I probably knew that once upon a time, I just got used to calling them "Lacey Spokes" that came on HPPs maybe?
                    Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                    They've been called HPP's for over 15 years now (CVN Wheel & Tire FAQ was written back in 06)
                    Recall the write up, but my focus was on the variations of spokes and polished vs coated rim lips.

Comment

Working...
                    X