Boxes on 17" & 18" wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxes on 17" & 18" wheels

Post your (and someone else's) pics of boxes on some bigger wheels. I want to get an idea of how they look (especially 18s) and maybe get inspiration for my MGM. Anything goes, classic, modern, JDM, wheels from anything and inbetween.

I've googled my heart out on a few nights and didn't find much...

For my own car I'm kinda looking for something mean and black, meatier tires and so on. I've also been toying on the idea of getting some classic JDM 3-piece wheels (like Work VS-XX) and getting them rebarreled to fit on a box. The front hub snouts will be an issue to figure out somehow, but nothing impossible.
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
    1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Sitting on 255/50/17

When I had the bullitt wheels..same tire size

Newer (05) and up bullitt on the back in black unsure of tire size on that one:

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Are the first pics Mustang wheels? They seem to fit nicely in the arches, what kinda spacers have you had if you can remember?

Comment

American Racing Ansen A69 Sprint Wheels 17x7 with P245 45R17 up front; 17x8 with P255 45R17 out back. That was the old set up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Crown Vic 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	1289000 Click image for larger version

Name:	Crown Vic 2.jpg
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	1289001

When I get the big brakes on there, it will be US Mags Rambler U110 18x9.5 all around with P245 40R18 up front; and P285 40R18 out back

Comment

Originally posted by Arquemann View Post
          Are the first pics Mustang wheels? They seem to fit nicely in the arches, what kinda spacers have you had if you can remember?
          No. They are LX sport wheels. Aftermarket to fit the 02 and down offset. Direct models of the LX sport 03 up wheels. Direct bolt on and go. I do have 1 1/4 hub centric wheel spacers in rear to make things look less goofy. The rears on these older cars are silly narrow as compared to the front.

The mustang bullitt wheels I had 1 1/2" spacers on there if I recall correctly.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

18" Marauder wheels.

Comment

^Just so damn perfect.
              ~David~

Comment

You guys and your dead sexy 2-doors...makes me sad to see mine sitting in the backyard, lifeless. Hopefully I get a shop built this year, or early next year.... then I can start on The Beast v2.0
                '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

Having read the thread on Modbox, that might be a bit too extensive modifications to have pretty wheels fit The 18's really don't look too big on it at all.

Tudors are always cool, to me they're just odd, since the existence of a coupe just seems weird... I don't think I've seen a single tudor in Finland, in person or for sale. I-d bet I have enough fingers to count the amount of imported tudors.

Comment

One inch spacers all four sides to put marauder wheels on a 79 box
                    Stock brakes suspension?
                    Been searching forum most say 1?

Comment

Originally posted by MercRS View Post
                      One inch spacers all four sides to put marauder wheels on a 79 box
                      Stock brakes suspension?
                      Been searching forum most say 1?
                      According to the interwebs, a marauder wheel is 18x8 ET50. Which means the backspace is almost 6 inches vs the ~4,25 inches on stock wheels.
                      One inch spacee might make the wheels fit, but they're going to sit wayyy too deep in the wheelwells. Also you're going to need to remove the centercaps up front to clear the hubs.

Comment

I would says 2 inch spacers in the back and 1.5 in the front to look good.

Comment

Old pic but it has 17s all around right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	1289264

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	1289265

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	1289266
                            Current Fleet:
                            2011 F150 Harley 6.2L with 2.9L Whipple
                            2009 G8 GT LS3 with LSA on E85
                            2004 MB CL600 Bi-Turbo V12 (For Sale)
                            1979 Ford LTD 302...

Comment

Originally posted by wastedrubber View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]56594[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]56595[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]56596[/ATTACH]
                              Nice! You definitely don't see dual headlamp coups every day. Looks good.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Working...
                              X