No announcement yet.

1986 MGM 5.0...defog switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Came from the Bronx so I do know about it but then that is why they invented AR-15's!
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

The commies are in full control, God save us all.

Comment

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
        The commies are in full control, God save us all.
        Don't even get me started on that topic! We currently have a front row seat to the destruction of society - every norm possible is being attacked. “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” attributed to Edmund Burke but first said by John Stuart Mill. Let us not be "woke" but "awake" while there is still something to salvage!!

Comment

I would look for another source for your problem. Underhood, trunk or glovebox light coming on intermittently? You can't see them when the lids are closed. They all have continuous power. Part# taken right off rear defrost switch is: E0VB-19A328-A2B WagonMan
          89 Colony Park
          90 Colony Park
          70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

just shoot the car with the AR, won't have to worry about the battery anymore. Problem solved.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              just shoot the car with the AR, won't have to worry about the battery anymore. Problem solved.
              Then, there is that!

Comment

The defog switch in my Zephyr is pretty unobtainium and i need a new one. It doesn't stay on, it just blows fuses
                lmao

Comment

Originally posted by massacre View Post
                  The defog switch in my Zephyr is pretty unobtainium and i need a new one. It doesn't stay on, it just blows fuses
                  lmao
                  I checked Car-Part.com looking for a 79 Fairmont heated rear glass. Plenty of choices so possibly a good switch would be available ?
                  Check to see if the Mustang switch in the same era would work.

Comment

Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
                    I would look for another source for your problem. Underhood, trunk or glovebox light coming on intermittently? You can't see them when the lids are closed. They all have continuous power. Part# taken right off rear defrost switch is: E0VB-19A328-A2B WagonMan
                    Pete, no bulb under the hood, or the trunk or the glove box! Thanks for the part number!

Comment

Originally posted by friskyfrankie View Post
                      Don't even get me started on that topic! We currently have a front row seat to the destruction of society - every norm possible is being attacked. “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” attributed to Edmund Burke but first said by John Stuart Mill. Let us not be "woke" but "awake" while there is still something to salvage!!
                      A few of my buds moved to Fla, Tenn, and Texas........all "free" states ....I predict this country splitting apart........and as Charlton Heston quipped........."from my cold dead hands......." if i move down south i am definitely purchasing a piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
                        Pete, no bulb under the hood, or the trunk or the glove box! Thanks for the part number!
                        Those are all wired "hot" so may be drawing power even though no bulb is present (someone may correct me on this). I've also seen alternators test well but have bad diodes and draw down a battery so perhaps a new alternator may just do the trick. Something to look into.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                          I checked Car-Part.com looking for a 79 Fairmont heated rear glass. Plenty of choices so possibly a good switch would be available ?
                          Check to see if the Mustang switch in the same era would work.
                          Sorry, it's not the switch itself, it's the timer relay.
                          Good idea, i'll see if something else might work.

Comment

Thanks all will check it out.

Comment

If you have power seats, make sure the buttons aren't sticking. I had a wagon that had the battery died all the time. Turns out the seat button was dirty and sticking on. WagonMan
                              89 Colony Park
                              90 Colony Park
                              70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Pete I would never have given that a second thought!........will also do!!

Comment

Working...
                                X