No announcement yet.

1986 MGM 5.0...defog switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem will do, checked this morning battery still good.

Comment

Battery still good today!

Comment

Nice.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Sly may I "assume" that if after another 3-5 days and the battery still good then it was in fact a bad defog switch?

Comment

I would suspect that would be the case.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Well 'boys'............its just about 4 weeks.............since I put in a new defog switch.................and........................ ..no dead battery............so..........the previous parasitic drain was due to a bad defog switch..........thanks again guys!!.now if you all could tell me how to stop the car from rotting away on the streets of NYC( AKA...commie central NE)

Comment

frame off rust converter, navel jelly, something to convert the rust... then seal it, paint it, reassemble.

Comment

Move to Arizona.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                    frame off rust converter, navel jelly, something to convert the rust... then seal it, paint it, reassemble.
                    Sly I absolutely adore your enthusiasm

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      Move to Arizona.
                      LOL.........too many potential ladies to meet all along the Joyzee-shore;-)

Comment

I have to laugh.........the car was Z-barted when new (Kent Smith FLM in Clifton New Jersey)...and yes the lower rockers lower fenders and rear Q panels are rust free.........but the lower trunk lid is full of cancer, and the tops of both front fenders are now with large holes....wonder why the Z-bart never reached to top lips of the fenders???

Comment

Well you can follow those beautiful N.J. ladies out of State when they go away for the winter. Just stay away from the "Villages" in Florida. I hear it has the highest STD rate in the nation.

Comment

Ok here we go again with this shit!.........went out to the car this morning....click click click, no crank.....lights yes, radio yes, no crank. Call AA for a boost. Left cables on, if the f-ing battery goes dead again then I will just pull out the rear defog switch and be done with it. Btw, if I change my mind, what is the p/n of that defog switch, 1986 MGM?

Comment

Until (and probably even after) you find the draw, I'd keep one of these "bad boys" in the trunk. I've got one and my friend has one in each of his three cars. Can't tell you how many times they pulled our "fat out of the fire". You WON'T regret it!!! https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GB40-Ult...s%2C298&sr=8-3
                              What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                              What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Frankie keeping anything in the trunk of a car parked on the streets of NYC is a fools mission.

Comment

Working...
                                X