Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polished and buffed up the SS Minow today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polished and buffed up the SS Minow today.

Hey guys, perfect day to wash and polish the boat today. Haven't been giving this thing enough attention lately it's been sitting behind my house, paint is so oxidized and faded so hopefully this lasts at least most the summer this time lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_79BB0220-93D8-4975-8916-60E28FB12432.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	1305719
    Last edited by TwiztidRat; 05-13-2021, 06:23 PM.

That color is so damn good. Brings back memories when I had stock paint. love it. The brown always shined up really well.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yeah when I first got this car I thought it was almost gray, cause the paint was that faded lol.

Comment

Looking good! I spent the last two days pressure washing my house. Lol
        '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

Nice, I need to get my hands on a pressure sprayer so I can wash my cars at my house. I know they aren't too expensive I just haven't looked into them yet but I know how handy they are to have.

Comment

Originally posted by TwiztidRat View Post
            Nice, I need to get my hands on a pressure sprayer so I can wash my cars at my house. I know they aren't too expensive I just haven't looked into them yet but I know how handy they are to have.
            I got an electric Ryobi from Homer Depot for like $200 and now I want to pressure wash the world! Lol. I can wait to use it on the cars.
            '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

I got a harbor freight special... Less than $100

You still gotta watch the water you use. I wash my vehicles with it but they always have waterspots after. Gotta go over them with a cloth afterword. Much quicker going to the touchless washes, but I hate spending the money.

What year is the car? Ya say the paint is oxidized? I thought these cars had clearcoat paints. I don't think clear oxidizes. It just peels off in sheets and looks like shit until ya get a cool patina look going for it... That's how my Jeep wagon looks, no clear on the horizontal surfaces. I like it.
              1987 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series-102k miles- LOPO 302, AOD, open 3.27, Dual exhaust w/ Thrush Turbo mufflers

Comment

If it's going to sit, at least do it the kindness of covering it up. Hell, I'd deal with moisture being trapped by a cheap tarp over time vs just letting the sun beat the shit out of it any day.
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Oh it still gets driven just sits 4-5 days a week I still take it out for a spin few times a week, it's an 87 I guess what I meant was the paint is sun faded not oxidized wrong choice of words. The car was abused and in rough shape when I just got it last year.

Name:	107379448_895516584349641_4735250571470484445_n.jpg
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	1289044

Name:	107076490_895516617682971_6622583952630817033_n.jpg
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	1289045

Comment

Originally posted by ZackN920 View Post
                    I got a harbor freight special... Less than $100
                    Show off! Lol. I don’t have paint nice enough for water spots to be a very big issue, not yet anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TwiztidRat View Post
                      Oh it still gets driven just sits 4-5 days a week I still take it out for a spin few times a week, it's an 87 I guess what I meant was the paint is sun faded not oxidized wrong choice of words. The car was abused and in rough shape when I just got it last year.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56313[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]56314[/ATTACH]
                      Wow. Those pics really help drive home how well the wash & wax brought the paint back. Looks good in the after pics!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Thanks slack, I plan to repaint it before the summer is over, at least get rid of the bad obvious rust spots, and the driver side door imperfections. Funny thing is I had one of these that was gray and I thought this one was just like it, but after I gave it some well deserved love the real color came out again.

Comment

Working...
                        X