87 Mgm Cruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87 Mgm Cruise

I don’t have a pic but I can get one later. Let’s see if I can explain this in a coherent manner lol. So there is a 3 way vacuum tee on the firewall connected to my cruise control servo. One port goes to the unit itself, one goes to the vacuum tree on the firewall but the third port is capped off. I’ve seen pics of other peoples boxes and it goes somewhere but where?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It goes to the smog pump. If you have one, look right where the fat hose connects. You'll see two other smaller connections. The one aiming straight up is the outlet, the one on the side will provide some vacuum. Its used as a secondary source of vacuum when the engine is under high load in order to keep adding throttle.

I haven't had that connected on mine in forever and the cruise works perfectly fine. I don't use it to run uphill in the mountains though.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ok that’s what I was told but wanted to verify that. I do have a smog pump but it’s not connected so I don’t have the diverter valves. I was thinking about reinstalling them to make it like factory though I know it doesn’t affect anything. Eventually it’ll get a ground up restoration, maybe I’ll do it then if I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X