Gain access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gain access

So as I mentioned some A-Hole pushed in a portion of the drivers side q-panel (just back of the door lock pillar post). How can I gain access to the inside of that portion of the q-panel?......I want to see if I can pop out the dent made by someones bumper.

take the carpet off the inside of the trunk on that area. That's about the best access as you'll get... and it sucks. If it's closer to the door than the filler neck, you may have to take the back seat out as well. If it's closer to the wheel well than the decklid, you might be able to get at it from the wheel well.

If it's on a wagon... remove all the panels in that area unless it's closer to the wheel well lip and can be access from the wheel well. Never can remember all the cars everyone has without signatures.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Its a two door model. Remove the lower rear seat and the lower panel below the quarter window. Its held in with push pins and in some cases some screws back by the rear seat back...may need to remove that too then.

Be careful with the plastic panels that are in that area. Fragile and unobtainum.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Ah... yeah... those interior panels on tudors are a bit of a PITA.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks Dave and Sly...I will give it a try...........I am just thankful the A-Hole did not hit the door edge and lock pillar post!

Comment

Many thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X