X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MercRS View Post
    My 77 jade green Grand Marquis 460
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]56344[/ATTACH]
    Ooo, best year of that era. My wife would love to have that car.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Took forever to find a triple green 77/78

Comment

I always liked the mint green color on the early panthers. The 79 looks great! My friend and I were just saying how you almost never see the Grand Marquis coups anymore.

My 77 jade green Grand Marquis 460
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]56344[/ATTACH]
        Wow that's super nice! Another "barge" owner on this forum!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Took forever to find a triple green 77/78
          '77 is the best year too, has a true Mercury dash. Or was that just the Lincoln which got boned after '77?

Comment

Mercury dash

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
              '77 is the best year too, has a true Mercury dash. Or was that just the Lincoln which got boned after '77?
              Yeah Lincoln lost the true “Lincoln” dash after 77. Many argue 77 is the best year of the Continental because it got the waterfall grill, still had the 460 and Lincoln dash.
              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
              Past Panthers
              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

From 78, but especially from 80 to 89, it's as if the design team forgot how to make a balanced and attractive dashboard. Those Town Cars have vestiges of former glory, but the total effect looks like the dash was some kind of afterthought. Which is strange seeing as the box Grand Marqs and Crown Vics had perfectly cohesive, well executed dashes.

I think the Mk III was the zenith of Lincoln dashboards.
                1987 Lincoln Town Car - Signature, "Prudence"

Comment

My vote is for '77 as well.

Now see, I think Grand Marquis have ugly dashboards, least the box era does. I dig on the LTD Crown Vic dash and also like Lincoln, especially if you got a digital dash. The 3" clock on the analog versions is bonkers.

Comment

Been busy with minty
                    True duals ,mesh wheels tune up
                    New guage kit some wiring repairs
                    Fix oil leaks new Speedo cluster new brakes
                    Got bunch of parts from 88 to rebuild steering column
                    Need carpet and correct front bumper with grilles

Comment

Nice.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Under snow lol

Comment

We like snow pics too.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I'm super jealous of this one, especially since it's packin a 351w . Nice car MercRS
                            1985 2-Door: CFI, K&N Filter, Edelbrock Performer 289 Intake, E7 Heads, BBK Shorty Headers, Summit H-pipe, Hooker Max Flow Mufflers, E-Fan, 3G Alternator, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, Bilstein Rear Shocks, Rear Lowering Springs, KYB Front Shocks, Front Lowering Springs, FTI 2400 Stall Converter, PA Performance Valve Body, Ford Racing 4.10 Gear, Eaton LSD Differential - I own the fastest CFI powered box to the 1/8th mile: 9.658@70.74mph
                            1991 4-Door (Dad's Car): Pro-M EFI, 306ci, Forged Pistons, Ford Racing Aluminum Heads, COMP XE264HR cam, Cobra 1.7 Rockers, Edelbrock Performer RPM 2 Intake, 30lb. Injectors, Custom 65mm TB/EGR Spacer, Pro-M 75mm MAF, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Custom Summit H-pipe, Walker Mufflers, Jegs Built AOD, Roadrunner 3000 Stall Converter, Ford Racing 4.10 Gear - Best 1/8th mile time: 9.76@72.03

Comment

Put 88 dash in
                              And a pillars rustoleum has a near match for the pine green interior
                              And no idea how to post pics
                              The attach option not there

Comment

how to post pics... http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post833622

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X