Door panel lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door panel lights

I found door panel lights for my two door, I have the connector for the lights already in the door from factory, so I plugged them in, but they dont work. I checked for power and ground and had nothing, followed the connector and wires into the car and found a connector unplugged behind the glove box, couldnt find the other connector for it to plug into. does anyone know whether or not I have to get the harness out of the donor car or is the other end of the connector hiding where I cant see it? Thanks for reading.

correction: It looks like it goes to a ground wire on the door, and the power wire is in the kick panel on the driver and passenger side. Still cant find the connector for it to plug into on either side.

Comment

I think only the mercury and lincolns had that pre wired. I could be mistaken though. There's no connector in the door, the wire comes from the kick panel area IIRC and is wired into the door. I don't remember an intermediate connector on either the 82 Lincoln or the 88 Mercury I had. Both had door lights and the Lincoln was a Mark VI 2 door.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Sly is on the level. You'll need to pull the harness and bulb from a Mercury or LTC and install on your car. That's what I did to my '85 LTD.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Hate to add to the confusion....on my 87 CV two door it was almost fully wired in and I just had to get bulb socket and solder it into the existing harness....mercury panels/lenses and plug them in. They worked right away!

Vague install back in 2017

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...est#post794086
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
          X