No announcement yet.

Mufflers are you using.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect your right since my exhaust is pretty much the same but with the panther h-pipe.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      Magnaflow they are. Drone terribly they do. Oddly phrased your title is. Annoyingly written my response must be.
      That was fantastic. I had a rough day at work and that made me laugh so hard I forgot all about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Magnaflow 2.5" offset on my 4.6 with no downstream cats. It is a custom bent 2.5" cat back with a crossover.

I hate it, the drone makes the car really annoying to drive on the highway. When I have some time I am going to cut them out and replace with something quieter.
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Magnaflows. No H pipe. No drone.
          I like them enough I put them on my other vehicles when they need it.
          All FORD All The Time

Comment

I had flowmaster knock-offs on the coupe, but I switched to Flowmaster original 40’s(no delta flow bullcrap). There was a very subtle difference,

FWIW, Flowmaster 40’s of any variety need to have no cats upstream and at least a little cam to sound good. Once those criteria are met, it’s like the song of my people, otherwise they blow goats.

I’ve done glass packs in the past, dumped before the rear axle...that’s a bit rowdy. Also have done glass packs bolted directly to collectors of LT headers....that was like turning it to 10 and ripping the damn knob off. Dynomax super-turbos dumped in front of the rear wasn’t too bad, would’ve been better with tailpipes, but I like to party. The ABSOLUTE WORST was my buddy’s old ‘72 Maverick Grabber- LT headers, 2.5” pipes, Moroso spiral flow “mufflers” side-exiting with 3.5” slash cut tips. Sounded great, but on a cruise, you’d nearly go deaf.
            '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

My current formula of quiet mufflers for normal driving and cutouts for party time; works for me. Curious to how the dumped Dynomax muffs will sound like.

Comment

I'm rocking single exhaust with the boring plain Jane Walkers... not even the Sound FX version.

I don't mind them. I'm not really a loud exhaust person. Also, I like being able to start the car late at night and not having to worry about waking the neighbors.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

The older I get, the more I avoid anything that hints at "Look at me."
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                  1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

part of why I drive the Continental so much. It doesn't really make much noise in the car, and nobody looks twice at that thing. Unless I throttle it just so and it leaves a bit of a cloud of black smoke behind me. Then about the only thing that happens is people stop riding my bumper, and frankly I'm not mad about that.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'd look twice at that car, it's got sweet tail lights and two-tone paint. The body lines of those are starting to grow on me. Too bad it's really hard to find an '87 or even '86.
                      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

When we first got the CV; I was at the end of my loud phase in life. The more I drove that car, the more I appreciated the quiet exhaust. Unfortunately, I have a grown kid who missed out on the loud phase in life; so she is living it out now. Which is why cutouts are a must-have; or she will not be happy. As such, there are times in the summer traffic when I could use cutouts to wake myself up. Otherwise, I like the large-case Dynomax mufflers.

Comment

Working...
                        X