X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mufflers are you using.

Which mufflers are you using?
    Do you like them?
    90 Colony Park LS with GT 40 heads and intake. HO cam, 65 MM TB, 67 MM EGR spacer. Has a 75 MM Pro Flow mass air sensor. Borla XS mufflers. 3L55. Shift kit, 2000 stall Tq convertor...Bilstein shocks, front and rear sway bars.
    90 Colony Park LS 64,000 miles all original. 3L55 tow package....front and rear sway bars.
    91 Grand Marquis GS....HO motor..Bilstein shocks poly bushings and police swaybars. This one handles the best.
    70 Torino Squire with M code 351 Cleveland 3.00 has Magnaflow mufflers. Hidden headlights and power windows. All original

I have 2.5" offset offset magnaflows. I purchased them used from a mustang guy. I imagine they were for a mustang. I like it. It is not too loud.

Another video here of driving and such: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huLP...e=emb_imp_woyt
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I have magnaflow offset/offset glasspacks as well. Thrush turbo welded glasspacks I think are the less expensive brand version of magnaflows.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

On my MGM, single 2 1/4" exhaust no muffler just the stock cats. Still was fairly quiet with a pleasant volume level.

Comment

Magnaflow they are. Drone terribly they do. Oddly phrased your title is. Annoyingly written my response must be.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yes... yours done horribly. Mine don't drone at all. I was shocked how bad yours drone.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              Magnaflow they are. Drone terribly they do. Oddly phrased your title is. Annoyingly written my response must be.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I've run drone masters, they drone. Just don't.

I currently have 2.5" summit "turbo" mufflers on the wagon. I think they sound great, but my compression is lil higher...

IMO firing order is the biggest gain for a sweet exhaust note. 302 sounds like a tractor. HO/351 sounds mean.

Comment

Depends on what you want. I like the Dynomax Super Turbos because I like quiet exhaust systems nowadays. I'm running cats and 3" Dynomax 17792 mufflers on my 351W; but I haven't started that engine yet; so I have no critique of how they sound. I was running Dynomax 17749 muffs with the lopo; behind a full exhaust. They were very quiet.

Comment

I'm running Borla XS on my cars.
                    I don't like to draw attention with the sound at WOT. They do get a little louder when you open it up, but not enough to draw the police from a mile away.
                    They do well and have no horsepower loss. They actually have a slight gain in horsepower.
                    90 Colony Park LS with GT 40 heads and intake. HO cam, 65 MM TB, 67 MM EGR spacer. Has a 75 MM Pro Flow mass air sensor. Borla XS mufflers. 3L55. Shift kit, 2000 stall Tq convertor...Bilstein shocks, front and rear sway bars.
                    90 Colony Park LS 64,000 miles all original. 3L55 tow package....front and rear sway bars.
                    91 Grand Marquis GS....HO motor..Bilstein shocks poly bushings and police swaybars. This one handles the best.
                    70 Torino Squire with M code 351 Cleveland 3.00 has Magnaflow mufflers. Hidden headlights and power windows. All original

Comment

Almost always if not stock, some turbo mufflers.
                      Once bought a truck that had a FM 3SI/2.5DO, drone was bad at some speeds, a glasspack ahead of it helped.
                      No ... I'm not arguing with you ... I'm just explaining why I'm right ...

Now go ... and whatever you do ... have a safe trip!

Comment

I'm currently running some Flowmaster delta flows that I got for free on a custom bent 2" system with the two rear cats removed. It sounds good for what it is.

When I put on a new exhaust, it will consist of BBK headers, Pypes X-pipe with high-flow cats, and Walker QuietFlowSS 2.5" mufflers with Impala tailpipes. I have a good feeling about how that will sound.
                        —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                        1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                        1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                        1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

^^^^^^^^That will be quiet; basically the same setup I had with the lopo; except I had Summit turbos at first; then Dynomax 17749 muffs when they failed. It was quiet with the Summit turbos; so much that my Mom hated it; which is why I had to put cutouts on that exhaust.^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                            ^^^^^^^^That will be quiet; basically the same setup I had with the lopo; except I had Summit turbos at first; then Dynomax 17749 muffs when they failed. It was quiet with the Summit turbos; so much that my Mom hated it; which is why I had to put cutouts on that exhaust.^^^^^^^^
                            I've mellowed out a lot and actually want a quieter car, but still with a bit of rumble. The new exhaust will also coincide with the new engine I'm having freshened up for it: 302 block, GT40 (non-P) heads, and a camshaft comparable to a '93-'95 Cobra. It'll essentially be a Cobra engine.
                            —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                            1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                            1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                            1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                              Yes... yours done horribly. Mine don't drone at all. I was shocked how bad yours drone.
                              pretty sure its the Fox H pipe. Fox cars are really prone to drone issues if things are not exactly so. The black Mark VII droned pretty badly too. Whenever that thing needs exhaust work again, or whenever I feel motivated to drive it more, I'll have stock-style exhaust made up for it. Probably a little larger than factory but using the Panther routing and such. I strongly suspect that will make the problem go away.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X