Howdy! '97 Grand Marquis HPP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy! '97 Grand Marquis HPP

Hey all! Glad to find a forum for these wonderful cars. I've owned my GM for quite a long time now, but have never needed a forums guidance due to how dependable its been.
    My car is a fairly swanky model, 2-tone leather, all the extra goodies, and the handling package. Its been pretty much trouble free for the last 40 thousand miles (I'm currently sitting at 142,000). I do have ONE problem I seek guidance on, and it has to do with everybody's favorite computer, the EATC. I'll make a separate post later, just wanted to introduce myself first!

I'll post some pictures when I get home to my computer.

Thanks!

Will

Welcome to the forum.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Welcome!

I actually do like the EATC units. I swapped one from a '97 LTC into one of my '91 MGMs (The Ice Car). I'll dig up my vacuum actuator swap (somewhere in my '98 MGM thread) since the '02+ actuators are easier to service. Did that swap on the '97 unit and in my '98 MGM. There's a good chance servicing those actuators is what you'll need, but we'll figure that out once you post the issue.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I like the aero HPP's!
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers