Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Somebody needs to come buy this Townie, ASAP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody needs to come buy this Townie, ASAP!

What a sweet ride, I wish I could buy it.
    https://greenville.craigslist.org/ct...327668716.html
    '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

That'll sell quick....I am worried about donk wheel going on it though.....

Owner really liked that car. Nicely done.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      That'll sell quick....I am worried about donk wheel going on it though.....

Owner really liked that car. Nicely done.
      Yeah, it’ll probably have a lift and 26’s on it this time next month. Pretty common in Greenville SC.
      '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

Wow. So much want for this. Wife may divorce me but I almost inquired. If it was white with a blue top/interior it would be game on.

She knows I want one, but I’m restraining myself because there are other things we want to do and we barely drive the two brand new Volvos we have!
        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
        Past Panthers
        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

The rule for me is, I have to get rid of two if I want to buy one. That’s what’s holding me back. lol

Comment

One of the main reasons I don’t want to get one just yet is that I want a third garage bay. To put a TC in our garage I would have to get rid of my work bench and storage to fit it. Then my wife’s XC90 would just barely squeeze in on the other side (steps). I would also have to live with my car sitting outside all the time which although not the end of the world is an issue.

When we bought this house I knew it would be easy to add a third garage bay, so it will be a two part thing. Add on an extra deep third bay and then the car.

It will most certainly be an 88/89 TC or a 77-79 Continental/Mark V.
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Comment

This has already been HO converted with mass air. for 5.5k on a clean looking town car. price is great. End up paying more down the line to make one thats for sure. Id grab it if I had the space too.
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Whomever built it... I like that person. I just got back from the other side of SC. Not enough space.
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I noticed a few things on this beautiful TC. It has the center "console which was for the optional cd player. no cd player. The floor mats are from a 96s lincoln. I like the wheels, again from a mid 90s Lincoln. What is that item on the back seat floor ? I notice a antenna on the trunk. That glove box door is as straight as an arrow. Excellent buy.

Comment

Yeah, what a shame. Like, lets gut this ultra rare CD player/Factory JBL stereo for this POS, stanky-ass Pioneer...

Much want for that car, it's got every option. Dude doesn't want a fortune for it either. I'd put my Turbines on it ASAP and then sell my '88.
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I don’t mind those wheels on it. Maybe he did big brakes and needs the 16s. Those are 95/97 wheels. I’d install pinstripe white walls and restore the factory JBL w/ CD.
                      Past Panthers

Comment

And listing is gone.
                        Past Panthers

Comment

Same, except for the wheels, which I hate. Not classy enough for such an automobile.

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                            And listing is gone.
                            I am concerned it will pop back up for a higher price...like 5 to 10k higher!
                            ~David~

Comment

Oh, yeah, probably. If that car was local, I would have bought it to replace mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X