1979 LTD in Tyler, TX - $5,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1979 LTD in Tyler, TX - $5,000

A little pricey, but might be worth a look if you’re close to east Texas.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8440429149532/
    —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
    1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
    1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
    1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Yeah that's got the <$2,000 ring tone to it seeing as it's been sentenced to die out in a yard.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Full vinyl top but 2-eye. Another weirdly optioned car.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
        Full vinyl top but 2-eye. Another weirdly optioned car.
        I feel like the '79s I've seen always are "odd" compared to the later optioned cars (even some very early 80s... I always love checking out the strange optioned combos on them). There must have just been many more customizable options to choose from when they first came out compared to the later boxes. Cool car, $5k is steep by the looks of it in its current condition. A bit of work and it would be really nice though.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Love the manual windows, I will get a ride with them someday. Price is a couple stacks high.

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

Originally posted by slack View Post
            I feel like the '79s I've seen always are "odd" compared to the later optioned cars (even some very early 80s... I always love checking out the strange optioned combos on them). There must have just been many more customizable options to choose from when they first came out compared to the later boxes. Cool car, $5k is steep by the looks of it in its current condition. A bit of work and it would be really nice though.
            There was a time when you literally had an option sheet and just checked off every specific option you wanted. It wasn’t just option packages that sometimes cancel each other out like it is now.
            —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
            1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
            1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
            1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Yup, I remember special ordering my new cars. It actually was fun. I had the price sheet for each options or package. I worked on getting the most car for the best price by picking what options I used vs what the company wanted to sell me. I worked with a salesman in a small dealer in Minnesota. He would order the car and in about 3 months it would show up. I would fly up there to get it and drive it home. Had to break it in right. Saved about 3,000 from what CA. prices were. I think the last year a person could do that was 1990. Had to go through a Ford dealer fleet salesperson to do a special order after around 1990.

Comment

Working...
              X