X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does turn by hand easily...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    1995 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series: "Albert" my daily driver
    1988 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series: "Don Vito Corleone" my Summer Cruise
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2004 Grand Marquis LS: "The Boss" with floor shifter (loved it) - R.I.P.
    1997 Crown Victoria: "Victoria, the Armadillo" R.I.P.
    2003 Lincoln Town Car: "Nikkatello" - R.I.P. (Miss you the most)
    1995 Grand Marquis: "Gustavo Gonzales, the dirty Mexican" - R.I.P.

Comment

DerektheGreat, it does not have a digidash, thanks goodness cause I hate them. I like the old school stuff.
      The blue light you see is a reflection of my outdoor light by the door. However I want to replace the interior lights with this type of blue lightbulbs. I think it looks cool. I have them in my Grand Marquis too...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Blue.. The hardest color on your eyes at night.

I love the digi dash. Really, I just love options. My car doesn't have it either but I wish it did. I dig all the big square buttons that go beneath the heater controls and such.

Your car have the Premium stereo or the JBL option? Load leveling suspension? Want to sell it?
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I love the blue lights. I have them everywhere [emoji23]
          It has the JBL option and I did read about load leveling stuff in the little "Bible" that came with the car.
          Sorry, but selling is not an option. I enjoy this too much. This car came to me, I wasn't looking for it. My roommate's son tagged me in the post and I literally said I am not interested.
          But I couldn't get the car out of my head while I went grocery shopping and when I got home, I messaged my roommate's son and asked if he could arrange a meeting with the seller but it has to happen "tonight". After the test drive I bought the car on the spot and took it home.
          There is absolutely no rust underneath. Apparently the car originated in Florida and has been a garage car all the time, which I will continue to do so too. And definitely no winter driving.
          Here is a picture of the two beauties we took for a ride last night [emoji3059][emoji3059][emoji3059]

Comment

..What would you want for the Ford-JBL badges on the speaker grilles on the rear package tray???

Townies are good looking cars. I might actually try and sell mine this year, I think it's time to move on.

Comment

A good rust-free car is a nice thing to have. After all the rust headaches from the Towncar and the black Mark VII not-rusty became a condition of buying things. The white Mark VII and the Continental both pass that test with flying colors.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Sorry for the late response, work got in the way [emoji23]
                DerektheGreat, my car does not have the JBL option. It is the premium version. But I wouldn't sell any parts off that car anyway. The radio is broken though. Went to the shop to get a harness for the aftermarket radio and the Tech told me that there has been alot of problems with these radios back in the day. It was the faceplate that always broke and they aren't available anymore for about 10 years or so. I'll sell you the broken radio though... [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Comment

I don't believe the tech. The radio I pulled from my car was and is still very much minty as well as the premium amp & speaker garbage that went with it which is all boxed up and stashed somewhere. I'm looking for the badges, they go on the speaker grilles & say "Ford-JBL" on them. But '88 & up had different style logo and mounting tabs IIRC. Guess I don't care so much now, but when I upgraded my stereo system to uh, Enhanced JBL I wanted them pretty bad. With the window tint you can barely see the badges in bright sunlight.

Anyway, I've pulled probably fifteen of those radios from junkyards, every one of them worked for me. Maybe I got lucky, but I'll sell you one of those if you want it. I might even be able to be persuaded to part with a Ford-JBL amp, which is a direct upgrade over the premium one. Doubt I'll ever use it.

Comment

I have one of those faceplates new in the box. Bought it in the 90s. it wasn't cheap then. The volume control on those radios gets floppy and won't work. For the right price I will sell it. More than likely will go on Ebay. Good luck to anyone finding a new one now.

Comment

+1, I have one of the flappy-paddle radios with what seem to be front panel failures.

Current driver: Ranger
                      Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                      | 88 TC | 91 GM
                      Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                      Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                      | Junkyards

Comment

I had to re-cap mine. Lots of nasty juice leakage on the board causing stupid problems. And the flappy paddle fails. Its really not the best radio Ford ever made. I only wanted one because its the radio that belongs in my Mark VII, but the slightly newer radio that replaced it seems to be less miserable of a device. Lots less annoying to work on thats for sure.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I liked the stock stereo as far as how it looked and that it was OEM. As Gaget said, when they get old they get miserable and more miserable. I replaced both of mine with Kenwood units. Good units however not elder eyesight friendly. At least they fit well.
                          Unless a person is talented to work on the stock stereo, they are worthless when broken.

Comment

I've got a box of 80s Ford radio parts and I think it has a bunch of the mid-80s faceplates in black and in chrome (didn't know that was an option?). Someone remind me to look for it when I get ashore.
                            I think we're off topic for the A/C, though.

Comment

I have no intentions to fix this radio or replace it with an OEM radio. But I'll keep it, because it belongs to the car. I will put my old SONY in, which has a USB port for my USB stick with my tunes. I don't have any music cassettes anymore and the crap they play on the radio stations nowadays just plainly sucks.

On that note, I thank you all for your input. At least no I know where to start with the A/C. (Haven't had time yet to bring it yo the shop) This Forum is awesome filled with GREAT people and fellow enthusiasts for the good old panthers.

Oh, one last thing, for those who name their cars, I decided on a name for my new addition. His name is going to be: "Don Vito Corleone"

Comment

Working...
                              X