• Show
Clear All

Cop wheels on a box

Ok checked threads
    Confused which larger 16/17 cop
    Wheels will direct bolt on to a 79 marquis
    I know lug pattern is same just lost
    On. Backspace

direct bolt is up to 02. 03+ require spacers. So 79-2002 model steelies will fit fine on the hub. Center caps will not fit over the front hubs on 79-91 because of the extreme poke. Basically the 79-02 years use a centered backspacing. Whatever the wheel width is, the backspacing is half of that.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Like Sly said.

Up to and including 2002, Panthers had a near zero offset, my '01 had 6 offset which is like +0.236" or just under 1/4".

2003 and up had a +45 mm offset, which is 1.771" or just over 1-3/4".

Like you know, they all use 5 lugs on 4.5" circle with about 70.5 mm center hub hole.
      No ... I'm not arguing with you ... I'm just explaining why I'm right ...

Now go ... and whatever you do ... have a safe trip!

Comment

I put the 10-hole 17 x 7 P71 wheels on the '86 CV. You will need 1.5" wheel spacers and open-end lug nuts with a shoulder to fit the center cap(s) of your choice.

Comment

1998-2002 is what you are looking for in 16 inch. Police and civilian steelies are identical.

Comment

but only the PI steelies come with the cop tires.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X