This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 Fleet model LTD Country Squire w/ MPFI 302 V8

Hey everyone, I’m putting my wagon up for sale. Figured I would list it here before It goes on craigslist.
    If interested, Please read the full wall of text below. Lots of info and should answer most questions about the car.

Clear Texas Title in my name. It’s located in South East Fort Worth.
    All body panels and drivetrain appear to be original. Rear end matches option on door. Body has no major rust and is a Texas car since new. No hail damage. Has door dings & a dent in passenger door. Body is straight and has never been in any major accidents according to carfax. Has faded original paint. When I’ve properly washed/polished it in the past it looks better but I haven't had the time (Too many projects). Look at my older threads you will see what I mean.
    Interior is in good shape. Nice headliner, no leaks when it rains. Has usual cracks in the dash speaker grills.

Edit to add: Clearer photos can be seen here: https://link.shutterfly.com/xSTlhbAA7gb

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9222.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	1305753Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0444.jpg
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	1305761Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0435.jpg
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	1305760Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0434.jpg
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	1305759Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0432.jpg
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	1305758Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0431.jpg
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	1305757Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0429.jpg
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	1305756Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0426.jpg
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	1305755Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9089.jpg
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	1305754Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0445.jpg
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	1305762

All the following parts were installed last year and only have 2k miles on them:

Wheels / Tires / Suspension:
    Soft 8 Centerline style aluminum wheels 15x8 Fronts 15x10 Rears w/ BFGoodrich Radial T/A (2-3k miles)
    Speedway lowering springs, Spring Rate 900lb front 200lb rear, Bilstein front & rear shocks, AC Delco Lower Ball Joints & Police spec Rear Control Arms (original)

Steering: New AC Delco Steering gear box, New AC Delco power steering pump & New AC Delco pressure & return lines
    All installed professionally and does not leak; the original OEM ford pressure/return lines tanked during the recent freeze here in Texas and leaked everywhere so there is a little bit of residual oil residue on the frame. But it no longer leaks and it steers good!

Brakes: New Brake hydraulic Lines, New Brake Master Cylinder, Rebuilt 11” drums and new shoes, New DOT 3 Fluid

Transmission: Rebuilt 10 years ago AOD Transmission with upgraded brass TV cable bushing to prevent failures. Shifts well and has clean fluid.

Rear Axle: Fleet optioned 3.27 gear & 11” drum brakes. Has new dana axle & seal installed with new fluid. No leaks. Nice and quiet.

Engine: Ford MPFI 302 small block tuned up with: New vacuum lines, New Ford Racing 8MM plug wires, New motorcraft Cap, Rotor & spark plugs, New belts, New Air Filter & New oil filter & oil.
    The long block is original and has the usual SBF seepage, but nothing excessive. Couldn’t get to PCV filter. Have replacement in box. Also have a bunch of spare sensors and stuff included in sale.
    Factory exhaust is getting up there in mileage... The converters make a lot of noise at low RPM (idle) depending on temp.
    I have a set of fox body stainless mustang headers I will include in sale… you just need mufflers and a mustang H pipe. I was gonna dump the exhaust at the axle but you do you. Have extended O2 sensors to go with it as well.

All doors, windows & locks open & close properly. Power door locks all work. Cassette deck works. Clock, Speedo & gas gauge work. Wipers, blinkers lights ect. All work.
    Rear door opens, window & lock works; but it does have to be shut with authority to lock (not slammed super hard or anything; just have to give a decent push closed before locking).

Has been inspected and passed without issue good till July next year 2022.

Honestly I want to keep this wagon; I have a lot of time, money & hard work in it. I also love the way it looks. I need the money for other projects.
    I’m asking $5500obo. I’m open to offers, worst I can say is no. It’s got bad paint and lots of mileage… but these are getting hard to find and I’ve put a decent amount of work into it. Like the bumper sticker says, Cash4Clunkers really took a lot of these off the road. The mileage on the dash will continue to go up; I drive this car around town every week.

Thanks, Kyle.
    Last edited by Alice87; 06-15-2021, 07:55 PM.
    1987 slick top Wagon

Search "photobucket embed fix" to remove watermark from photos

Aside from cash, the only partial trade I would consider is rare Apple II computers & cards. I would sell them to make the difference. I know how to work on the Apple II series of computers so they are the only ones I’m really interested in unless you got something valuable like an Altair or something lol. Figured I would throw that out there since I’ve seen other Apple II enthusiast on here.

I also have receipts for EVERYTHING lol. It all ads up to well over $5k in parts. That does not include labor or the cost of the wagon it’s self.
    Also have original brochures and other 1987 Ford memorabilia. Even have the original window sticker and original AM only radio. All is included in sale. Also factory steel wheels & hubcaps are included in sale.

If anyone is willing to imbed some photos I would really appreciate it… For some reason photobucket is screwed up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0029.jpg
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	1289186Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0030.jpg
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	1289187Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0031.jpg
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	1289188Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0032.jpg
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	1289190Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0034.jpg
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	1289191Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0033.jpg
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	1289189Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0035.jpg
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	1289192Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0038.jpg
Size:	195.0 KB
ID:	1289193Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0037.jpg
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	1289194Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0039.jpg
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	1289195

Also note the giant stain on the driveway is from when the steering leaked out all the fluid; It’s all been replaced so its no longer leaking.

I would really prefer to sell it to someone who knows box panthers, that way it can be maintained properly.

This would be a great sleeper with the right motor in it! But you do you if you buy it.

PM me offers or if you want to come see it in person, we can set up a time.

-Kyle
    1987 slick top Wagon

Comment

Here’s a link to a quick video I took yesterday (June 14) of the engine running: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-TshqVPwmk

Usually the exhaust clatters & growns a bit more; I’ll upload a video when it does it.

Link to more pics: https://link.shutterfly.com/5L4Pl5RB7gb

Some photos from right before I got it inspected:
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Alice87; 06-15-2021, 08:12 PM.
      1987 slick top Wagon

Comment

Car sold locally. Please remove ad.
        1987 slick top Wagon

Comment

Working...
        X